Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shift knob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift knob?

okay this is kinda a noob question, thats why its posted here .... but im having problems taking out my shift knob? i dont see any screw on either sides nor can twist it off ? ..... and heres somthing to throw everyone off has anyone ever tried installing a (dc) integra mid console

you pull the boot down and once its come down just unscrew the shiftknob

edit: waits for doctorcipher
    Last edited by blackcb7; 11-24-2006, 01:10 AM.
    Members Ride

Comment

wow!
      cant wait till im all done

Comment

Just turn counter clockwise and put some ass into it. You can move down the boot would be easier but i didnt do that lol.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Make sure you unclip the knob from the boot. Then turn it off.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

okay i still cant get it off? you guys sure its just a twist off? and im having problems pulling down the shift boot ..... seems like there is a plastic piece holding up the boot??? .....man my rex and civic were so much more easier to work with i dont get this ??? and its only the shift knob .... jeeebus ... hope i dont get flamed for this..

Comment

Originally posted by lx-accord
              okay i still cant get it off? you guys sure its just a twist off? and im having problems pulling down the shift boot ..... seems like there is a plastic piece holding up the boot??? .....man my rex and civic were so much more easier to work with i dont get this ??? and its only the shift knob .... jeeebus ... hope i dont get flamed for this..
              That plastic piece is the part you unclip. I still turned the shit out of mine to get it off. You need to turn the shit out of it depending unless the previous owner glued it on.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That plastic piece is the part you unclip. I still turned the shit out of mine to get it off. You need to turn the shit out of it depending unless the previous owner glued it on.

ohhhh ok so thats what they are talking about when they say unclip it .... thanks for the tip yeah i guess ill keep trying to twist it off .... not saying im weak ... but yeah where the hell does it clip from? ... i have a hole in my boot so i can feel the plastic "clip" cant seem to find where it clips from?

Comment

just grab the boot right under the knob, and push down hard, it should pop off. That's how I got mine off. There's a clip on the front and a clip on the back that latch on in the shifter and they just slide out. Then once you get the boot off turn the knob counter clockwise and it will come off.

Comment

Negative (dc) integta mid console will not fit ... there isnt enough clearence

Comment

IT clips to the bottom of the shift knob just pull it down or get you a lil flathead and wiggle it off. And twist the hell out of it.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

just pull down on the plastic/chrome piece right below the shifter knob and then twist till you cant twist anymore

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I tried the Integra console in a junkyard last year... and I agree, it won't fit. Perhaps with some modification, but it won't be an easy fit.

Comment

ok for the whole interior peice there is only 4 screws on it one at each corner take them out and u will be able to see how it comes off. cuz its not hard. maybe once u see how its on u be able to get it off.
                            cant wait till im all done

Comment

if you cant still get it off then unscrew the console, unscrew the boot from the console, then just twist off the knob with the boot on. after you have the shifter knob off then you can take like 2 screwdrivers or pliers and take the boot off.
                              Last edited by 90ACCORDLXGUY; 11-29-2006, 03:03 AM.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Working...
                              X