Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tornado "gas saver"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado "gas saver"

Anyone have one of these? Just wondering if they work at all? Just wanna save some gas on my truck I got and maybe if it "adds" power I might put it on my honda, doubt it though.

Heres a link

http://www.autobarn.net/torfuelsav1.html
    H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
    My Members Ride Check It Out

Not worth your money at all.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

For better results run fuel cleaner through your gas tank on every fill for the first few fill-ups. When I first bought my cb that's what I did (brand was Gumout). After a few months I started doing it every 3 fillups or so.

Comment

if a little pice of twisted metal would save so much gas and give you horsepower, dont you think that car companys would use one in every car they make? lol 60$ for a little pice of sheet metal bent into the tornado, how do they sleep at night? or a better question is how have they not be sued all to hell because of their false claims?
        spin city

Comment

No don't get it. Its a waste of money and has no gains. You would be better off making one from a Pepsi can.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
            No don't get it. Its a waste of money and has no gains. You would be better off making one from a Pepsi can.
            yea dont get it .... if you stop and think about it how is the air going to keep that "tornado action" throught the manifold much less through the valves to get to the cylender

waste of time and money
            R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < )

My Rotor DIY
            I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
              haha i like that

Comment

Yea very true, I was wondering how it would maintain the same airflow twisting in different directions through the intakes tube, past the trottle bodie (espcialy at low rpms) then through the plenum and intake manifold, then through the head and past the valves. its almost as if it would restrick more air. I was reading up on it and finding it to be a 50/50 argument of the web. ABC doesnt like it and im sure the EPA says its shit, so I'm probly not gonna get one for sure, I just wanted to get info from a real person. I'm probly just gonna buy and K&N for my truck and take off the tube witch brings air from the out side, and just runs hot air (engine air) specialy for the winter.
                H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
                My Members Ride Check It Out

Comment

Hot Air???

Comment

Originally posted by 92BLACKEX
                    I'm probly just gonna buy and K&N for my truck and take off the tube witch brings air from the out side, and just runs hot air (engine air) specialy for the winter.
                    could help your starting in winter..... but the colder the air while running/driving the better.....
                    Last edited by CrazyHondaOwnR; 11-21-2006, 12:45 AM.
                    R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                    (O.o )
                    (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                    I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

i have one. its pretty much rocks!
                      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHondaOwnR
                        could help your starting in winter..... but the colder the air while running/driving the better.....
                        exactly why i said HOT AIR???

Comment

If you must get one.... don't get a knock off tornado! =) I've heard horror stories of knock off ones getting sucked up in the throttle body. Bad...very bad =)
                          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

ouch that would suck very badly i might think about getting one i dunno yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                              If you must get one.... don't get a knock off tornado! =) I've heard horror stories of knock off ones getting sucked up in the throttle body. Bad...very bad =)
                              Yea I remember those stories. Some dude with a Z71 tahoe had one in our school and he said the thing shattered lol.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X