Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

LSD Tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD Tranny?

what does an LSD Tranny mean and do i need one if i'm going to swap an H22 into my accord? it's an auto transmission
    Last edited by Leviathon; 11-18-2006, 08:30 PM. Reason: auto transmission

First of all you have to understand what LSD stands for which is limited slip differential. Normal cars the stock differential the outer tire spins faster than the inner whenever your turning. Also when you are traveling in a straight line you got the one wheeled wonder where just one wheel basically spins. WHen you get an LSD it transmits power equally and such to both tires. Thats the easy way to explain it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

an LSD will help tremendously with traction. i dont think it is a necessity, but what you might want to do is check and see if the the year of the H22 engine you have had an LSD tranny

Comment

also are you swapping it into your car with an auto tranny and why

Comment

if your just goin to keep it auto i wouldnt worry about it. that being said, if your goin to go to 5 speed then i would go ahead and get the lsd trans. i have one on my car and it was definetly worth the extra money.
          1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

Auto LSD still has potential dont look down on it. Yea everyone says 5 spd blah blah blah but some people have there preferences. And LSD h22 trans will still spank some cars.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I would not. The H22 trans has much closer gear ratios than the F22 tranny, meaning it will make the top speed slower and crusing speeds like 80 mph will be at like 4000 rpms.

The tranny is for a motor that revs up to 7800rpm, and you want to put it on one with a redline of 6300 rpm.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Dude he said that hes looking at or at least contemplating swapping in an h.

Originally posted by deevergote
                When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  I would not. The H22 trans has much closer gear ratios than the F22 tranny, meaning it will make the top speed slower and crusing speeds like 80 mph will be at like 4000 rpms.

The tranny is for a motor that revs up to 7800rpm, and you want to put it on one with a redline of 6300 rpm.
                  Sometimes you have to sacrifice speed for performance and he was gonna put this on an h22a not an f22a.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the F22 really doesnt rev high enough to take advantage of the H22's close ratio tranny. the LSD would certainly be nice, but your gearing will be way off

my car is at 4600 at 80mph :-)

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Sometimes you have to sacrifice speed for performance and he was gonna put this on an h22a not an f22a.
                      DOH! I think I meant to post in that other thread called LSD on SOHC.

If you are gonna put an H in, then by all means get LSD.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

the h22 auto isn't bad at all. believe it or not a beefed up auto tranny would be better than the 5spd. autos kill at the track if the tranny is built to handle the load. if i wasn't wanting to add more power, do weight reductions on entire car, and get better tuning i would stay auto. no extra pedal and extra free hand,lol. but yeah everyone says 5 spd 5 spd. its perference really.
                          91 Ex CB9
                          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                          Weight Reductions
                          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

i'm really far away from swapping in an h22, i need the money first to buy an h22, the lsd tranny costs a lot more money than a regular tranny but i'm thinking about it.

Comment

The LSD tranny should only cost $300 more from most places (hmotorsonline.com is my preferance).

LSD is more noticable on 5 speed, but it's still good on auto. I have LSD on my underpowered, overweight Volvo, and even though I don't even feel a difference, I feel comfortable knowing it's there.

Aside from the performance aspect, if you hit a slippery spot with one wheel (wet, icy, oily) you'll have a greater chance of keeping the car under control. With an open differential (non-LSD) the car can get squirly on you. Without LSD, the wheel that has the least resistance will spin.

Comment

Working...
                              X