Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

too rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

read the last link in my sig.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

never said i didnt want to do the work but could use the help doing it so i am not going at it blind. Also that write up on ecu modification is pretty vague. It doesnt tell you how to tune it for specific apps and so on .. if you arent interested in helping me that is competely cool! that is how most forums are. I know it is going to b super tricky! and probally a challege, some people like it simple, it makes them look good and that is ok. I aint gonna hog this guys thread anymore.

Comment

http://www.importbuilders.com/tuningacar.htm

Comment

I have and Innovate LC-1 wideband and a chip burner. i set all the settings that you told me to set them besides the pink number(LAMBDA) and i did it on the same ROM Editor, but i won't let me save the settings or anything. Do i need to run my wideband before in order to burn the map you told me to burn?
          Justin Peralta

Comment

burning a chip has nothing to do with a wideband.

you only use your wideband to see where you are at and to get your readings.

you then take those readings and remember what the afr was at a certain load. go into uber or whatever rom editor you're using, change the values that need to be changed, save it, then burn it onto the chip. and go at it again.

and i never told you to change anything on your wideband. i simply told you to follow the guide. as in, the black text that tells you which columns are how much load.

Comment

If you're running a stock PT6, that's your problem right there. You need to get a chipped P06 and then follow d112crzy's instructions.

Comment

I musta not stated what I wrote in the way i wanted to . i meant that i was tryna burn the map usin the Hondata ROM Editor, but it won't let me. i inputed everything you told me to input. i tried savin it and burning it but it wont let me click on either. how can i get it to save or burn?
                Justin Peralta

Comment

O yeah n i dont have a PT6. i have a chipped MRX P06 but im juss tryna to burn a map for which will work on my turbo setup.
                  Justin Peralta

Comment

you bought the software? thats like.... a lot.

anyways, which burner do you have? with any burner, you have to have the tuning program closed.

Comment

naw didnt buy the software. Im usin the Uberdata 1.70 that MRX posted on his Journal thread. I want to set the settings but i dont know which to input those settings on as the settings look way different from what u gave me d112crzy. here are the 4 different types of settings. Fuel lo/hi and Ign lo/hi.
                      Justin Peralta

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteCB7
                        naw didnt buy the software. Im usin the Uberdata 1.70 that MRX posted on his Journal thread. I want to set the settings but i dont know which to input those settings on as the settings look way different from what u gave me d112crzy. here are the 4 different types of settings. Fuel lo/hi and Ign lo/hi.
                        It should be similar. Except I think Uber uses how long the injector opens and whatever. The map he posted is used on the Hondata program not uber so it is gonna look different.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

which one would i have to input those settings on though (Fuel lo or Ign lo)? also when i input those, would i have to input the difference between your settings from his?
                          Justin Peralta

Comment

Oh. Nevermind. i found out which one to put umm on, but wud i need to calculate out the difference of the settings before i input umm or can i put them in as the settings you gave me?
                            Justin Peralta

Comment

what? no, no, no, no! you understood wrong and I didnt clarify it enough.

that picture I posted is only a guide for when you are doing actual tuning. forget about the actual matrix of numbers there. ONLY pay attention to the words that were added via MS Paint on the right side with the arrow.

the fist 2 columns on the left are going to be idle and very low throttle. so, lets say you're current idle afr is around 19. you would go into uberdata, and make changes to ONLY those first 2 columns and the corresponding rpm rows. you will have to make the number smaller. the number only means the milli seconds the injector is open for. if you make it smaller, they will be open for a shorter amount of time, which in return dumps less fuel, thus leaning out your afr's.

since you are using uberdata, use the following to make changes. + obviously makes the number bigger, making the afr's richer and vice versa.

an equation you can to figure out your target afr is:
                              [(Current A/F - Target A/F) / (Current A/F) ]*100= % Change in fuel

EX:
                              my current afr is 19
                              I want to be at 13.8

[(19-13.8)/19)*100
                              =
                              ~27% fuel change

Check:

19*0.27=5.13

19-5.32= <<you subtract because you want to make the AFR smaller, not bigger.(smaller afr=riche and vice versa)
                              13.87AFR

so, I will need to add about 27% to reach my target AFR.

If some of this doesn't make sense, I'm sorry. I'm tired, its been a long day, I will come back in the morning and correct anything i fucked up.

Comment

okay another question is do i only have to change the settings on Fuel lo or do i have to change all the other settings too? is there a way to just burn this section of the map or do i gotta burn a whole knew base map?
                                Justin Peralta

Comment

Working...
                                X