Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

too rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too rich

Hey guys. Im running a dsm turbo setup. I havin problems with the AFR as it reads im runnin rich (9.7-9.8) at idle and when running. Can runnig the setup with the dsm 450cc gray top with green tips cause this problem? if so would i have to change to the Blue tops. Please get back to me ASAP. thanks
    Justin Peralta

More often than not cars typically run richer at idle. That's why most people say that idling your car "wastes" gas!
    Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
    Kevin 'Fuzz' G
    Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
    92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
    I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

I thought 450s were blue tops??? Check the tune on the ECU and such? Didnt you say you had soem sort of boost leak also in a previous thread?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz
        More often than not cars typically run richer at idle. That's why most people say that idling your car "wastes" gas!
        If your car is doing that then something is wrong. AFR around idle should be around 14.7 which should be atmospheric pressure or whatever. If your rich when your idling something is wrong.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

or its tuned slightly rich to give abit of extra protection.

Comment

9.7-9.8 isnt a lil rich that is basically billowing black smoke. 14.7 is pretty universal you wont really blow shit up at idle.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i checked for any boost leaks n theres none. im still havin the same problems as i did before. is there a way juss to tune or burn maps for the AFR and only the AFR or do i have to make my own map off the PO6? i really dont want to use the car until i figure the problem out. so please any other suggestions?
              Justin Peralta

Comment

holy rich jesus!

anything under 11 is WAY to rich! unless you are boosting at idle, it should be a normal afr. which is around 14.0-14.7.

you're gona wash your rings out like this. lean it the fuck out asap.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteCB7
                  i checked for any boost leaks n theres none. im still havin the same problems as i did before. is there a way juss to tune or burn maps for the AFR and only the AFR or do i have to make my own map off the PO6? i really dont want to use the car until i figure the problem out. so please any other suggestions?

do you have a burner? if so, just lean it the fuck out until you start reading 13's.

idle columns are the first few on the left. you can tune with just a wideband and a chip burner.

here's a guide you can go by.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    If your car is doing that then something is wrong. AFR around idle should be around 14.7 which should be atmospheric pressure or whatever. If your rich when your idling something is wrong.
                    Well... this depends. If you first start your vehicle, and your engine isn't warmed up to operating tempature, when it is idling, the fuel doesn't get completely burned off. It has nothing to do with your AFR settings in the computer, it has everything to do with the mechanical operation of the engine.

Cold Idling = Lousy Combustion = Running "Rich"
                    Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
                    Kevin 'Fuzz' G
                    Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
                    92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
                    I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

Cold idling is a diff story. Still 9.8 idling even if its cold is not right at all. The computer adjusts settings according to what the sensors tell it and when your normal idling with the car warmed up you should be around 14-14.7 just like what jose said.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i need to talk to D112crzy and Whitecb7!!!!!!! u guys know what your talking about. please read my post !!!!!!! and comment. I am interested in your turbo setup!!!

Comment

if theWhitecb7 knew what he was talking about he wouldnt be running so damn rich or making this thread.

anyways, what do you need.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            if theWhitecb7 knew what he was talking about he wouldnt be running so damn rich or making this thread.

anyways, what do you need.
                            but, he is currently running what i am planning on building in the next week!!!!

and you seem to know about tunning the pt6. I cant burn the chip in it. but i bet you can!!!!I have a really weird setup and its is just going to be a nightmear to figure out how to tune with out help. I mean shit Im not even turbo and im already running rich according to my afr.
                            any help would be great and Im sorry for inturpting this thread!

Comment

Why are you running a pt6 on your setup...Its not tuneable at all. Your better off with a p06 first of all...

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X