Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car wont Start?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wont Start?????

i recently bought a 92 accord lx.......it had problems startin but now it doesnt even want to start.........the engine cranks but thats it i checked the fuel pump and replaced it the battery is good and starter was replaced now before i take it to the shop i was thinkin of changin the fuelinjectors could that be the problem????

have you checked the ignition yet? Id check to see if your getting spark first.
    It probibly isnt your injectors because If they were to fail I dont think they would all just give out at the same time.
    spin city

Comment

You might check the main relay. My 92lx would start only when it wasn't parked in direct sunlight. That is one possible solution.
      '92 LX.
      JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

Check fuses as well and if your not getting spark it could be your distributor or the cap and rotor
        Semper Fi

Comment

check and see if you are getting power to your fuel pump if not check the main relay, if you are then its more than likely an ignition problem.
          Jeff

Comment

Honestly sounds like you're just throwing parts at it without verifying the problem first. Go to autozone and pickup a haynes manual for it. Look in the front at the troubleshooting guide it has the "Engine will turn over but not start" qustion right there. Follow all the directions and pinpoint your problem.

Verify spark, if spark then verify spark plugs.

Verify fuel to the rail, if fuel to the rail OHM out your injectors.

If injectors are OHM'd out ok, check ECU for signal to injectors.

Verify timing is correct if timins is correct check compression.

If you've done all that and your car won't start you screwed up somewhere, go back and do it again. All the procedures are listed int he manual you can pick up from A-zone for less than 20$

Runt

Comment

turn the key all the way on not start and listen for the fuel pump you should hear a hum in the rear if all is good with the pump and main relay. If so then its probably an ignition problem look over your distributor parts and make sure you are not leaking oil inside of it.

The reason it seems that we are just throwing parts is bc we have had the same problems at one time i did a few months ago and it took me about a month to finaly get it running again. My main relay went bad which controlls the fuel pump and I had a bad pickup inside my dist. due to oil leaking in.
              Jeff

Comment

Well first we need to see if you are getting fuel to the rail and spark at the wires. Check both of those first.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i checked the fuel pumpand i am hearing the hummmm sound i also disconnected the fuel line to the fuel rail and its throwin fuel so it cant be the fuel pump...........i also checked the wires and they are throwin spark......one thing i didnt check is the main relay where is it located???

Comment

If your getting fuel to the rail the main relay is working properly. I would see if your injectors are firing.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X