Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seat belt problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat belt problems

okay...on 11-1, i bought my first honda accord lx (its a 90) and i didnt really pay attention to the seat belts for the fact that i was only test driving it in the parking lot of the dmv....anyways, after everything was done, i realized that the seat belts didnt work. they latch but the arm doesnt move when you turn the car on. i took the car to my fiance's job, he looked it over and found that there wasnt a fuse in the slot. so when he got off work we went to autozone and bought fuses. after putting the 7.5 fuse in, we figured out why there wasnt one in the first place. for some reason, the seat belt light came on and stayed on...and yes it was dinging....on a good note though, the passenger side seat belt worked...not the drivers though...anyway, i made him take it out. now the seat belts dont work, and neither does the clock (it wont keep time, it resets everytiime the car is shut off)

after that long paragraph, what im wondering is why would the light stay on if there is a new fuse in it and could it be because of the driver side belt???

it could that somethingrelated to the seatbelt is unplugged. look under the seats for a gray wire harness and see if it is plugged in. there is a black box under the passenger seat that they plug into. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

u got a burn out fuse ....check ur fuses again...

Comment

gotcha...i will have kenny look at both of those ideas......thanks

Comment

most likly the fuse i had a similer problem with my clock check the one underneath the hood i believe its the top right 7.5 one

Comment

yeah dude i had the same problem with one of my accords i replace the two fuses under the hood and i finaly took the passangers door panel off and found that the window regulator had cu the two wires that go to the sensor and they were grounnding out each other

Comment

With those crazy seat belts, it could be just about anything. You will get numerous different responses because there isn't one thing in particular that went bad. I know it would hurt, but I would recommend paying the dealership to diagnose it. They don't necessarily need to fix it but it would probably be easier than having someone replace a whole bunch of parts. Things it could be (seat belt buckle, door switches, seat belt motors, wires cut) just about anything.
              1993 Honda Accord LX-auto--bone stock for now.--248K
              1997 Honda CRV--auto--bone stock--wife won't let me touch the CRV. 150K

Need any performance parts? Check out my website or email me for prices.

www.CARMandP.com

Working on my H23 sway for free

Comment

Just fixed my son's passenger side this weekend. It was cut wires going to the door latch. The window regulator had cut them inside the rubber protective sleeve. I resoldered them and rerouted them to clear the regulator.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Has anyone ever had ANY luck having a dealer replace defective seatbelts for no charge?

I'll start a new thread.
                  After 17 years and 208K miles, I'm not "tuning" my CB7, I'm "restoring" a CLASSIC.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60120
                    After 17 years and 208K miles, I'm not "tuning" my CB7, I'm "restoring" a CLASSIC.

Comment

thanks for all the replies, kenny went back to Columbus so i will have to do all this checking myself...wish me luck....

Comment

Working...
                      X