Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

projector lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

projector lights

http://cgi.ebay.ca/90-93-HONDA-ACCOR...QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, the other post about hid put me onto these.

Has anybody used these, and do they like them? I know it's not hid, but is it close enough to be good?

- Can change to 4200K or higher Opti-Blue hyper-white bulbs

- Work with halogen Or Xenon-gas within the bulbs (Not compatible with H.I.D. lighting system))

Thats what it says.....I have no personal experience with any of this headlight stuff. All I ever changed on my last 'cord was corner lights.

Any help for a noob?
    1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Just retrofit HID if you want real results. Those ebay projectors are bleh...not that good the output is a bit darker than the oem headlight but yea. DO what you want though if you like em get em and install the HID.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nail05 thanks for the post (BTW love that pic in your signature)

see what you mean, but gotta admit I like the look of the unit.......are there any hid compatible headlight units that look like these? I'm sort of looking for the BMWish round light look that the Acura Legend pulled of so well. Any suggestions?

Comment

Thanks man. You can use that housing it works. The other way is to retrofit a bimmer housing into the cb housing. That would be the other way i see it. Aww shiet has a set that one of his buddies basically made for him with angel eye and everything off a bimmer. Forgot what parts were used but with time and money you can do it. Fliplyracist (i think thats how you spell it) has the JDM one pieces and I think he retrofitted a BMW E46 housing into it if I remember correctly.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks, I'll look into that.....I have this preconception that the bimmer housing would be a pain in the ass (if it's german, it probly is) maybe a Legend housing?.................

Comment

If you want to learn about HID's definately sign up on hidplanet.com and read, don't post, just read, I was there for like 6 hours last night.
            MYCB7.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Thanks man. You can use that housing it works. The other way is to retrofit a bimmer housing into the cb housing. That would be the other way i see it. Aww shiet has a set that one of his buddies basically made for him with angel eye and everything off a bimmer. Forgot what parts were used but with time and money you can do it. Fliplyracist (i think thats how you spell it) has the JDM one pieces and I think he retrofitted a BMW E46 housing into it if I remember correctly.
              lol its fliplyricist1.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                lol its fliplyricist1.
                I was close lol.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

they look good i had a set on my 90 lx but they couldnt be adjusted.
                  Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 90fourdoor
                    they look good i had a set on my 90 lx but they couldnt be adjusted.
                    what do you mean exactly? and was it hard to fab?

Comment

I had those ebay projectors and there was no way on the housing to adjust the angle of the light they were pointing at the ground right in front of the car.
                      Jeff

Comment

Actually you can adjust them, there are screws on the housing, right by where you put the bulb in, output wasnt so great when i got them, took awhile to adjust them to good visibilty, but i put some hyper white bulbs and it helped alot, i should be upgrading to H.I.Ds sometime in the future.

Comment

a few of my friends had some of those the lighting sucked it wasnt bright at all. And they also have a few melting problems they all traded back for stock i was go with paint stock and maybe HID

Myspace
                          My ride
                          my vouches
                          H22 fund: $125
                          My rides:
                          92 civic B16 (sold)
                          93 civic B18A (sold)
                          93 accord F22A6
                          91 civic 4 door (sold)
                          98 GSXR 750 traded for B16 swap civic

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            hey that's ME! lol

your question was pretty similar to StockAccord's in this thread:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60512

Sorry, I hate to keep posting up the same pics, but I hope this helps! I get a lot of PM's about my lights / rear lip / etc... But once I started posting "answers" to FAQ on the board, the number of PM's I got decreased.

From my MR Thread:
                            My Headlight Cut-off Images

For those people who will ask me about the cutoff on my headlight retrofit setup, please refer to the pictures below.

**A special thanks goes to my friend XenonKiller99 for helping me with these pictures with his Canon 1D and L-Lens, as well as doing the entire retrofit for me.

Custom retrofitted S2K projector lenses with modified* shield
                            - 6000K Phillips Ultinon D2S HID bulbs
                            - HELLA HID Ballast
                            (*Modified Shield for deeper violet band and intense flicker)

Originally posted by XenonKiller99
                            Aww_shiet spent close to about $1400 for those headlights 3-4 years ago when headlight retrofit was still new. I started retrofitting since 2000. I don't think u guys are gonna believe how much Aww_shiet spent for those parts. A pair of S2K headlight at that time cost $800. Nowadays, u can probably get a pair of s2ks for $250. Philips Ultinon D2S bulbs back in 2003 were $350 at that time. Nowadays, Ultinons run for like $260.
                            So just say Aww_shiet had a retrofit all the way back in 2003 before anyone even knew retrofits was possible for a cb7.

Aww_shiet's Headlight Profile for 2003:

-1 complete pair S2k Projectors Headlights Housing $800
                            -1 Pair Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K $350
                            -1 Pair OEM Hella Ballast $275
                            -3 BMW DDE CCFL Kit $135 X 2 = $270 (due to extremely fragile CCFL)
                            -1 eBay Aftermarkt Proj. Headlights $225
                            -------
                            $1920

Nowadays, anyone can probably get a retrofit of their own if they buy their own parts and retrofit their own headlights. Expected estimate cost:
                            -1 complete pair S2k Projectors Headlights Housing $100 (if lucky)
                            -1 Pair Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K $250
                            -1 Pair OEM Hella Ballast $175
                            -3 BMW DDE CCFL Kit $70
                            -1 eBay Aftermarkt Proj. Headlights $130
                            -------
                            $725 total expected cost + 6hrs retrolabor

Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

aww_shiet, your lights are friggin' hot! I had to take a cold shower after looking at them, lol. Sorry for repeat posting about virtually the same thing (i read the other thread) but you gotta tell me how you did that. I'm scared to screw around with this kind of stuff, but I've wanted bmw style lights in a 'Cord since the Legend came out with that sweet euro front end.

So you just took ebay cheapie projectors and fabbed in a bimmer light array? Anything you can tell me would be helpful, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X