Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is my car eating gas, or is it normal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my car eating gas, or is it normal??

So I have an automatic 91 lx. Just yesterday I put 12l (3 gallons I think...?) My needle was in the red, then went up about 1/4 tank. Did about 60kms(40ish miles) and my needle is juuuussst touching the red again. This is 110% city stop and go 90% of it driven like a granny. Do those numbers make sense? If not, what can be eating my gas? I just changed wires//pulgs//filters (bascially a tune-up). And if it's normal...oh well..

your gas meter(or the thing in the tank that sends the reading to the meter) might be messed up.

if you only go 40 miles and your in the red again you have some type of leak if your gas meter isnt messed up.

check how miles you get to the tank 1st. if you only get like 300 or less, then you have something else wrong.

Comment

I'm going to run some more tanks, and I'm using fuel injector cleaner, but I think I may be getting terrible mileage. What should I look at to see?

Comment

dont use fuel injector cleaner. ive used them all before and then it make your car dependent on it.

i recently used some and now my car misses when it 1st starts up and at idle. so forget that stuff. im not sure if its just me or im just being paranoid but it has happened in both of my cb7s.

Comment

Originally posted by kjfarley
          I'm going to run some more tanks, and I'm using fuel injector cleaner, but I think I may be getting terrible mileage. What should I look at to see?

go under your car and in your engine bay to see if you see any gas leaks. check the fuel lines and fuel filter and fuel pump to see if their good. most likely if you havent changed either of those then that might be contributing to your bad mileage.

if at all possible, clean out your tank. i plan on doing that in a couple of weekes b.c i brought my car from a private owner. im not sure if theres stuff thats settled in the bottom of the tank and i dont want it in the engine

Comment

my car eats gas alot to, ohh wait im flooring it 90% of the time. lol
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

you should fill the tank and tell us how many miles you get before its empty again. that will be a better indicator than trying to figure out how far 3 gallons should get you

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

it's getting towards winter time so i wouldn't be driving around with less than 3/4th a tank of gas anyways.

Comment

60km for 12 litres is 2 litres per 10 km which is 11 us mpg or 14 imperial definatly somthing wrong if thats the case

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                    60km for 12 litres is 2 litres per 10 km which is 11 us mpg or 14 imperial definatly somthing wrong if thats the case
                    wow that confused me lol. i dont know what i would do if i went to canada. i think i would keep my gas tank full all the time, to make sure everything was ok hahaha

Nicole
                    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

ok

#1 - The gas tank doesn't leak. Car went into the impound lot for 30 days ie - sat still and wasn't touched for 30 days. Tank was 3/4 when it went it, 3/4 when it came out

#2 - I can't check how many miles//km I get from a full tank because my speedo//odometer doesn't work lol

#3 - I asked my teacher (ex mechanic) he said it could be my 02 sensor. Because I also told him that the check engine comes on after about 10 mins of driving (all the time) He said it makes sense because a reading from the 02 can only be sent once everything is warm (or someshit like that) Possible?

Comment

Originally posted by suks_2b_stock
                        #3 - I asked my teacher (ex mechanic) he said it could be my 02 sensor. Because I also told him that the check engine comes on after about 10 mins of driving (all the time) He said it makes sense because a reading from the 02 can only be sent once everything is warm (or someshit like that) Possible?
                        see...these are things you should tell people when asking for help...that tells me there is definitely something wrong..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

lol yeah you probably shoulda mentioned your cel is on, im betting o2 senser

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                            see...these are things you should tell people when asking for help...that tells me there is definitely something wrong..

and for the 2nd time in life history me and accord r33 agree. lol. i forgot about the O2 sensor

Comment

the converter could be all clogged with carbon to, run your car for 10 mins and see if theres a lot of radiant heat coming off the converter.

91 LX
                              http://myspace-382.vo.llnwd.net/00899/28/34/899464382_m.jpg
                              92 EX-R

Comment

Working...
                              X