Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

straight pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hold up your marshmallows...

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

lol...You guys know what I mean, they're just those small back-fire flames.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

I'm guessing it'll just be louder.

I had glasspacks add in to quiet down my exhaust. I have noticed no performance change since adding that in. (it's not any slower, just lots quieter!..)

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          This is true. Straight pipe on almost stock motors really do not net much gains at all. This only applies to NA cars. Turbo cars on the other hand thats a diff story. Also if you have a high hp/compression NA car it can benefit from a straight pipe. As for stock f22a motors I dont think it will benefit much unless you go turbo. Engine displacement might also have something to do it. NA v8s v6s running straight pipe usually gain a couple horses here and there as I have seen but its still really not that much.

ummm.....i got a straight pipe under my f22a4 2.25 inch no resonator nor cataylitic....and i hit a 16.0 on my car at the quarter mile....my video is in the off topic section........and as for raspy ness.....very little you don't really hear it....ionno...i guess it's my car...and everyones car is diff....
          Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

Originally posted by dsyple
            ummm.....i got a straight pipe under my f22a4 2.25 inch no resonator nor cataylitic....and i hit a 16.0 on my car at the quarter mile....my video is in the off topic section........and as for raspy ness.....very little you don't really hear it....ionno...i guess it's my car...and everyones car is diff....
            Yes cars are different. It doesnt matter if you have straight pipe and you ran a 16. There are other contributing factors. Its a drivers race. Yes I have seen your video (nice video btw). Some people already pulled off low 16s with stock 5spd accords. So doesnt take much I would think to drive a car to the 16s if not breeak 15s.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ive been running stright pipes one of the loudest car in my town next to a 97 supra with exhaust the size of air condition ducts haha

Comment

my buddy had strait pipe on his accord and omg it was sooooooooo loud he didnt like it well really nobody did lol

Myspace
                My ride
                my vouches
                H22 fund: $125
                My rides:
                92 civic B16 (sold)
                93 civic B18A (sold)
                93 accord F22A6
                91 civic 4 door (sold)
                98 GSXR 750 traded for B16 swap civic

Comment

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...erter_removal/
                  Thats an article about testing three different system incuding using a straight pipe, might be worth to take a gander.
                  1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                  Originally posted by yeamans17
                  you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

I have a little question... Here in Quebec (maybe in the rest of the Canada too ) we don't have emission test or thing like that.. so a straight pipe exhaust is it the best thing ????
                    Or putting a "Hi-Flow" converter of E-Bay ??? Maybe not the cheapest one (the one at like 9,99$)

Comment

I have a 2.25" straight pipe with a resonator and a stockish muffler. When I had the same setup but an OBX Twin Loop the top end was ever so slightly stronger, but the car was unbearably loud. I got a stock 2" muffler, and top end suffered a little bit, but the car is just as strong and my exhaust note is perfect...louder than stock but not drony off throttle.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by croc-note
                        I have a little question... Here in Quebec (maybe in the rest of the Canada too ) we don't have emission test or thing like that.. so a straight pipe exhaust is it the best thing ????
                        Or putting a "Hi-Flow" converter of E-Bay ??? Maybe not the cheapest one (the one at like 9,99$)

HAHHHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHAH Oh mannnn i wish the rest of Canada didn't have that rule, well in maybe so but in Ontario you must go through the drive clean test so it would be illegal here. Well in southern ontario you have to get it done. I dunno i think it you can make more power without increasing emissions it might be a good thing, i dunno that is what i believe. Read that acticle that i have linked above. The straight pipe doesn't really gain you that much power, but if anyone else has an input i more then game for it haha.
                        1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                        Originally posted by yeamans17
                        you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

californias the gayest tho, theirs is the most strict, it sux cuz i have to switch everything back to stock everytime i go to get a smog done

Comment

Working...
                          X