Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

omfg!!! fuel filter!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omfg!!! fuel filter!!!

I cannot get the bottom line off of the fuel filter to save my life. I have sprayed pbblaster all over it and I cant get my line wrench on it at all. I was able to get a standard wrench on it no problem.
    anyway I put alot of force on the open end wrench and it didnt do anything. I can barly squeze my arm down there to get to it. I, for one, would like to find the guy in charge of deciding on the position for the fuel filter on our cars and bitch slap him. I could get better acces if I take off the IM but then I still have to get the dam line off the bottom.
    any advice?
    spin city

Not sure what you mean by bottom line? They both come out next to each other. Not sure how you are getting to it, but I usually remove the intake pipe and remove the black box that holds the solenoids that is bolted to the firewall and lay it out of the way. I would get a firm grip on the wrench and good grip on the line with the wrench and jerk it hard. Don't pull on it steady, jerk the wrench and try and pop it loose. Be VERY careful that you don't run your hand down the edge of the metal lip that sticks out where the cowl moulding for the windshield is located. Will slice your hand wide open--been there and done that.
    1993 Honda Accord LX-auto--bone stock for now.--248K
    1997 Honda CRV--auto--bone stock--wife won't let me touch the CRV. 150K

Need any performance parts? Check out my website or email me for prices.

www.CARMandP.com

Working on my H23 sway for free

Comment

well Mine is a 94 and is probibly different. Ill take some pics and post em up.
      spin city

Comment

Im going to get one of these to make this job do-able. lol Ive never seen one before today but now I like em.
        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
          Im going to get one of these to make this job do-able. lol Ive never seen one before today but now I like em.

That should work Used on of those before as well

Comment

Those tools work wonders. Really nice to invest in a set.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i had the same problem i could not get that line off for nothing even if soaked it with pb blaster for 2 days so this is what i did cost about 10 bucks. buy a small pipe cutter at oreillys they have small ones just go by and ask and they will show you and get the one that works for you. then undo every thing else except for the last one that you are having problems with. using the pipe cutter cut the tube this way if you use the cutter it leaves a smooth cut not risk of getting shaving in your new filter. after that take the whole assembly filter with old tube that you just cut back to oreillys they sell fuel line with a new bolt on it that will fit in your new filter. if the guys that work there are cool they will bend it the same way as the one thats on the old filter so when you hold the new filter and old they will both be having fuel line bent the same and the same length. now before you leave ask them to sell you a pressure fitting that will hook your line off your car to the line coming off you new filter. then go home and hook it all back up. i hope this makes sense to you and i didnt confuse you any.
              1991 Honda Accord Lx 5spd manual

Comment

First time me seeing that.

Nice!

Comment

I got one myself. The fuel filter is in a completely different place for the 90-93 Accord than the 94-97 Accord. You will need one of those tools for the 94-97 Accord to break the bottom line loose. I paid about $15 for mine and it paid for itsself the first time I used it.
                  1993 Honda Accord LX-auto--bone stock for now.--248K
                  1997 Honda CRV--auto--bone stock--wife won't let me touch the CRV. 150K

Need any performance parts? Check out my website or email me for prices.

www.CARMandP.com

Working on my H23 sway for free

Comment

Yeah, I'm not completely sure where the filter is on the 5th gen's but having the right tool helps a lot. Remember don't think harder, think smarter. And oh yeah, the flared wrenches are a must for the serious mechanic.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I just cant belive it!!!!! the tool went right on with no problem, but I put as much force as i could in the postion i was in and all I did was bend the fuel filter braket!!

that fitting is on super tight.
                      at least now, I can say that I have a set of crowfoot flaired wrenchs.
                      spin city

Comment

If you can hold onto the fuel filter itself with a wrench (usually they have a hex portion you can hold), then use the other wrench on the line itself...it will prevent from the bracket bending....try it.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I though about doing this but I dont know if I can get that large of a wrench in that tight spot Im going to go try this.
                          spin city

Comment

i hate fuel filters. they are such a pain to take out. i rather do a damn swap then do a damn fuel filter. good luck with that man
                            it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

done! and wow, what a P.I.T.A.
                              spin city

Comment

Working...
                              X