Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Project 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project 400

Its not about horsepower. I have seen people talk about their gas mileage and this thread in particular: http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60769 . So I'm gonna try and get 400 miles out of a tank of gas. The car is a 1992 DX coupe with the 5sp manual trans. To this end and in the interest of sharing my experience I will post up daily how many miles driven and at what speeds. Tomorrow I will take some pictures and stuff for initial documentation. As it sits now the car has 150,327.8mile and about a 1/8 tank of gas. To make things as easy as possible. I will be short shifting and tire pressure will be bumped up to around 40p.s.i. at all corners. After filling up I will tape the gas cap closed and seal it. Once again gratuitious pictures will be taken. Allrighty, what do you guys think possible, or am I gonna run dry before that?
    1992 Honda Accord DX
    Coupe 5spd
    2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
    125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

...over 400miles on a tank isn't hard to do... i've gotten mine to about 455 miles on one tank and that was daily driving, only a little highway, and I floored it a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo
      ...over 400miles on a tank isn't hard to do... i've gotten mine to about 455 miles on one tank and that was daily driving, only a little highway, and I floored it a few times.
      fine I'll settle to beat your score then........party pooper j/p
      1992 Honda Accord DX
      Coupe 5spd

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Since we aren't totally positive in our numbers, see how far you can go. Then work up from there.

Comment

haha no I'm not trying to bring you down or anything lol. But I didn't know 400 was a lot for our cars on a tank, I think the highway mileage works out to be about like 468 miles per full tank or something. But you'll probably get over 400 fine, but if your still goin after that carry a gas can around with you and just see how muc further you can go before you run dry, then just put the spare gas in when you run out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo
            haha no I'm not trying to bring you down or anything lol. But I didn't know 400 was a lot for our cars on a tank, I think the highway mileage works out to be about like 468 miles per full tank or something. But you'll probably get over 400 fine, but if your still goin after that carry a gas can around with you and just see how muc further you can go before you run dry, then just put the spare gas in when you run out.
            sounds good I'll run my car dry and keep my 2gallon can in the back then
            1992 Honda Accord DX
            Coupe 5spd

(\__/)
            (O.o )

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster
              sounds good I'll run my car dry and keep my 2gallon can in the back then
              sweet, I'm interested in seeing what the result is. I've always wanted to do this but...I really don't know why I haven't lol but I haven't yet. Good luck.

Comment

You should be able to hit 400. i got 400 miles to a tank last week right b4 the gas light came on and i was surprised i usualy get 320 to 350 i was happy. good luck.
                Jeff

Comment

Whats the point of putting tape? Got gas cap?

Fuel starvation is a no no and can be damaging to the engine.

But if you are set to find the limit then by all means carry extra gas.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                    Whats the point of putting tape? Got gas cap?

Fuel starvation is a no no and can be damaging to the engine.

But if you are set to find the limit then by all means carry extra gas.
                    It can also damage the fuel pump since it is located in the gas tank and is cooled by the gas. I am interested in how this goes though.

Comment

the tape was to go on top of the cap to make any tampering evident but the more I thought about it the more I thought that was kinda dumb since no one but me drives the car. Did the air pressure thing today, all tires are at 40psi. Took pictures which will be uploaded after church. Going to go fill up now and head for church, will be back later with updates.
                      1992 Honda Accord DX
                      Coupe 5spd

(\__/)
                      (O.o )

Comment

lets see what happends, u should change fuel filter just incase u didnt recently

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                        Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

not to poop on your party, but I have gotten over 500 on a tank before.
                          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                            not to poop on your party, but I have gotten over 500 on a tank before.
                            was this on the interstate, or city driving? Oh yeah, 49.7 miles today and pictures aren't playing nice while up loading
                            Last edited by gofaster; 11-05-2006, 05:04 PM.
                            1992 Honda Accord DX
                            Coupe 5spd

(\__/)
                            (O.o )

Comment

about 350 on the interstate the rest was city. filled it up and calculated something like 32mpg If I remember correctly.
                              spin city

Comment

Working...
                              X