Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Powersteering and Exhaust Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powersteering and Exhaust Manifold

For the power steering, mine is leaking from somewhere but i can't really locate it, I have singled it down to the 2 ports leading closest to the front right of the bumper. and also do my eyes deceieve me or does the powersteering line have a miniture intercooler built onto it? yea just replacing the hose im guessing could cure it ig uess? or maybe there is some other parts of it i dunno about.

Also for exhaust. I was going to change it out but im not sure whats legal where. Becuase of the difference in american and Canadian laws, ranging from states to states, province to province. coming around to my point now, all those headers and everything i find on ebay or sites(US) have the 4-2-1 and it looks like the Hi-FLow cats but they mostly say for off-street use or something like that, i know the straight test pipes are illegal but what else? I got the F22A1 i was going to just find the F22A2 exhaust system and transport it over to mine to keep the cost low haha, also i know its legal for now. =D, so many laws and such which confuse me to no beyond.

Since im at it i have a short ram intake that i believe was made for the 92 mustang? would it be possible to fit it into the accord throttle body and mount prop or no? and all those tubes i noticed that lead into the intake don't they need to go back there?

thanks for the help. glad i found this forum.
    1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
    Originally posted by yeamans17
    you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

for powersteering clean any lines for the power steering. then start the car and ask someone to move the wheel left and right while you check those areas.

ask for exhaust system: World Sport 2 is the best also, fsudo is also a really good system for street use.

good luck
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
      for powersteering clean any lines for the power steering. then start the car and ask someone to move the wheel left and right while you check those areas.
      Yea, i did that for the problem a couple of times. Nothing happend, it seems like when there is alot of pressure in the lines it sprays from somewhere. I noticed it when i was driving down the highway and hydraulic fluid was coming up my hood and splatted on my windsheild. It sprays on my belts and makes then doing highpitch whines for a bit then it goes away. It seems to do it when im at almost full opposite lock and such. or something of the such.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Comment

do you have access to a lift? if so run it on a lift.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
          do you have access to a lift? if so run it on a lift.

not yet i don't think, on that topic you know where i can buy one of those lifts for my garage or something? haha beuase it would be very convient to have.

Comment

damn, my power steering pump just seized dis morning, and im running without power steering..

who needs exercise when u got steering dis heavy?

gonna go get a new repair kit, since the pump is leaking..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
            Honda Accord Euro-R
            Honda Odyssey Absolute
            Honda City I-DSi
            Honda Stream

Comment

Not recommended but somewhat works jack up the car and set em on jack stands. But if its spraying that high up look around the hoses around the pumps. Yes there are cooler lines for the PS running to the front of the car. If you cant tell get some brake clean or something clean off the area well then start it up steer around and see what happens and see if you can find the leak itself.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its really not that hard to drive without p/s.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  its really not that hard to drive without p/s.
                  u should try parallel parking w/o PS.. on the move, theres not much difference..

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
                    u should try parallel parking w/o PS.. on the move, theres not much difference..
                    ive been driving without p/s since spring.

its not that hard unless you're a complete pussy. even my mom can parallel park in my car.

need i say more?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well, uve been having some training, since spring.. :P havent been used to driving w/o PS, tho..

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

Haha it really isnt bad lol. I drive without PS its fun.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          ive been driving without p/s since spring.

its not that hard unless you're a complete pussy. even my mom can parallel park in my car.

need i say more?

haha hmmm i could do that but i would prefer to have it since its still working, when the pump dies is another story haha. Powersteering is an added easse to driving hahah. Im slowly repairing the car main parts then i need to do somebody work, i got it last summer. haha.

Also when there is no more ps fluid is starts to make this realy annoying whine sound haha.
                          Last edited by simactive; 11-04-2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

yeh man..
                            just got my pump fixed..
                            turns out that my mechanic (or was it me?) had installed the valve backwards..
                            blimey.. but now, i need to bleed the system, since i got airpockets in the pipes and also that whining sound..

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                            X