Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

This little light of mine, why o why does it shine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This little light of mine, why o why does it shine?

This is a weird thing. My fuel gauge stopped working about four months ago. Today I was on the way home from work and I noticed the low fuel light was on. I have been using the trip odometer to gauge when I fill up. I figured that the sending unit was to blame for the gauge not registering. The needle by the way is pegged past the full mark. I have been filling up at about 310 miles. What I was wondering is if anyone has had this happen and if possible can let me know what to possibly do to fix it. I was about to get a new sending unit but, now that I have seen the light on I will put it off just in case the gauge is bad. Lemme know if you guys have had this happen. Not having the gauge sux!!

she is down....but definately not out

holy crap! u fill up every 310 miles!? i can't get past 250 in my car!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Yea, I am suprised myself. Dunno :but, still sux without the gauge.

Comment

I also get about 315 miles to a tank 90% city

My Members Ride Page

Comment

So, neone have an answer to my question?

Comment

Have the exact problem with mine. Its the sending unit as I have replaced the fuel gauge (twice) as I got a bad temp gauge on one of them and screwed the temp gauge up on the other one. I get 350 on a tank every time for about 12 gallons and I drive the crap out of it--about a 50-50 split with highway/city driving. . I got a fuel sending unit for it just haven't had the time to install it yet. I tried a used one but most of them from the junk yard are rusted and the one I got didn't work either. It lists for between $90-100. I work for a dealership as a tech so it was a lot cheaper for me.
            1993 Honda Accord LX-auto--bone stock for now.--248K
            1997 Honda CRV--auto--bone stock--wife won't let me touch the CRV. 150K

Need any performance parts? Check out my website or email me for prices.

www.CARMandP.com

Working on my H23 sway for free

Comment

Well, why would the light come on and the needle stay in one spot? By the wat the needle moves when it wants too. Yesterday it went all the way to empty. the light was on too. The needle eventually went back to the full mark. I filled up tonight and the light went out. I don't freakin get it

Comment

sounds like it could be both....

my buddys tach needle works when it wants too.....its his cluster but he is too lazy to fix it.....

i say replace your cluster and sending unit and see where your at....

Comment

That sending unit (which is accessable through the trunk) has 3 wires. One is the ground which both circuits use but the low fuel light uses its own resister on the fuel sending unit and the gauge uses a different resister. So yes, its possible that the low fuel light will work but the fuel gauge won't work. I don't ever see the low fuel light come on with my Accord but if I unplug the sending unit, I can get the fuel gauge to drop and stay down until I plug the sending unit back in.

plus--I can get the sending unit out much faster than the gauge
                  1993 Honda Accord LX-auto--bone stock for now.--248K
                  1997 Honda CRV--auto--bone stock--wife won't let me touch the CRV. 150K

Need any performance parts? Check out my website or email me for prices.

www.CARMandP.com

Working on my H23 sway for free

Comment

Well, I figured as much. I love my baby and I want her workin right so I will do that. Thanx

Comment

yep i had the same problem on mine i got a sending unit from a place called honda hevan here im town its an all honda junyard and it wasnt rusted so i was happy it cost 12 bucks ...and it works now
                      R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                      (O.o )
                      (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                      I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

I have alot more things to work on. I would like to meet the previous owner so I can kick their ass for treating her like that.

Comment

One thing at a time I guess.

Comment

Anyone around the Houston area? Any places to find parts for my EX? Lemme know

Comment

You guys aren't going to like this much. I fill up every 350 in the city and 400 on the highway... I still have room...

-c

Comment

Working...
                              X