Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falder
    Anything about compressing the original springs?
    ya u can, but usually the top nut and cap usually pops off which is very scarry....really if your gonna pull he strut and springs out to take off u should rent one from the auto parts stores....i highly rec it.

Comment

Thats what I thought, it was never mentioned here and I just wasn't sure.

Comment

i didn't have to worry about compressing the springs, because of the apc coilovers... i didn't replace the stock stuff

Comment

Teins rock!

Comment

i once owned a set

Comment

Tiens is ok.. Jhun, don't hurt yourself if you don't know what you are doing. If you are only changing out springs and will most likely be re-using the stock components, make sure you rent a spring compressor. You can rent one from places like Autozone/Checkers on an hourly basis. Also, get a hold of a Haynes or Chilton's manual.

Comment

Ive change shocks b4 its kinna similar. I guess I have to put a hold on the spring. I have to replace both of my axle first and thats goin to cost me. I love my new tires that i got from Costco BFG 205/60/14 on steelies and theyre rotational tires only for $268 for all pretty cheap. Im just kinna new to this tuner stuff, its jst my daily driver. im in to old celicas. i got a 72 w/ 18rg dual weber 45 pushing atleast 150hp at the rear wheels
                Last edited by jhun_hapi; 11-04-2006, 01:50 AM.
                1993 LX 2DR Coupe bone stock 120,000 2nd owner
                1972 Celica 18RG project car
                1974 Celica Rust Free non running

Comment

Yes when installing springs or shocks springs compressors are good to have.

My suggestion is to save up money for when you can afford the springs and shocks or coilover suspension. Because once your shocks go it would be a hassel to redo the process.

Comment

are the weapor r coilovers are any good???? tnks
                    1993 LX 2DR Coupe bone stock 120,000 2nd owner
                    1972 Celica 18RG project car
                    1974 Celica Rust Free non running

Comment

Originally posted by accord917
                      Tiens is ok.. Jhun, don't hurt yourself if you don't know what you are doing. If you are only changing out springs and will most likely be re-using the stock components, make sure you rent a spring compressor. You can rent one from places like Autozone/Checkers on an hourly basis. Also, get a hold of a Haynes or Chilton's manual.
                      We rent them for 3 days straight and when u return whithin the 3 day u get all your money back....you only need the spring compressor for the stock springs so u can safely remove it from the shock assembly, after that u dont need to use it for the aftermarket coil over or lowering springs!

Comment

I am not sure if anyone has said this, but you got to do your homework and search this site. This is an amazing database of information. I had the same questions about my suspension a few months ago. Searching for the information got me renting spring compressors from auto zone for $40, but you get your money back when you return. by the way, I am running neuspeed race spring with kyb agx and it works very well for me.

MY RIDE

Comment

Working...
                        X