Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gear Wont Go In When Car Is On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Wont Go In When Car Is On!

wudda!!! yeahhh i'm back!! hey yo!! i finish my auto-manual swap. yup. complete. but i got one smalllllll problem. when the car is off i can change gear and all that bullshit.. okay. BUT!.. when the car is on. i cant flick it in gear.. i could tryyy like give it few pressure and i see the car start to move forward. wtf is wrong?? they sayin the pressure plate and the other piece inside is probably why but that cant be cuz i got the flywheel alignment stick and it's perfectly center. and they are facing the right way. could it be cuz the clutch dont have enough pressure? the only thing that looks wrong is that the clutch pressure doesnt shoot all the way up.. it's like sorta half way cuz i dont got the pin but i put sumthing in it to work like the pin... oh and i try putting a stick in where the slave cylinder is and press it to open out more all the way like it's suppose to but my friend couldnt flick it in gear either.. wtf is wrong?
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

if ur tryin to put it in gear while its on, and the car starts to move forward....then the clutch is not disengaging and the pressure plate isnt bein pushed.

i say rebleed the clutch, check to see if you have any air bubbles in the line and if your slave cyl, and master clutch cyl are working correctly. If that doesnt work, then check to see if your pressure plate bolts are torqued down correctly in a cross pattern (19 ftlbs i think). Did you grease your throw out bearing when you installed the tranny? maybe its sticking
    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 11-01-2006, 02:08 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

well the pressure plate.. let's get to that part. i didnt have the bolt. so i went to the junkyard to get the pressure plate bolt. and it was in pretty strong. i put em in good not extremely tight but tight enough. i'm still thinkin it's the clutch but it's just confusing since buildin the clutch pressure from scrap... as far as grease.. well.. sorta grease the throw out bearing. but it moves nicely
      DEFJAM

Comment

Your supposed to torque the pressure plate to like 28 ft lbs or something like that lol...Bleed it again. If that doesnt work well you messed up on something.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

dawg u serious? i thought that shit dont even matter man.. i pray to god its sumthing else i dont wanna have to take the tranny out i'm all broken out from all this hard work by myself
          DEFJAM

Comment

Pressure plate isnt even supposed to be bolted down that tight. 28ft lbs is not a lot at all. I thought it was more until I checked it on alldata. Either way its somwhere close to 30 ft lbs and your supposed to tighten it in a criss cross pattern obviously.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well then i'm fucked. cuz it's tight and the pressure plate and the plate inside doesnt move for shit. i was confuse how that was suppose to work but it was like wuteva i bolt it on and now it wasnt suppose to be tight. i broke the torque stick thing usin it to unbolt the axle. sigh. fuck. i'ma try to get a homeboy who not busy at all so we can finish all this shit in a day. i'll find out exactly how much torque and everything cuz once i put it back on i dont want no bullshit underwise i'ma sell the car as is!!!!
              DEFJAM

Comment

Listen carefully.

1. The pressure plate bolts are NOT torqued to 28 ft lbs. They're torqued to 19 ft lbs. I'm looking at the service manual right here in front of me.

2. If it does not go into gear while the engine is running, but goes into gear when the engine is not, the clutch is not fully disengaging. I'm going to assume that you installed a brand new clutch kit and not some used pile of shit. Several things can cause this, and I will list them in the order in which you should check.
                a. You have air in the hydraulic line between the clutch master cylinder and the clutch slave cylinder. When you bleed this, you need a friend to help. Have him push the pedal to the floor AND THEN you crack the bleeder screw open, and when the fluid stops coming out, close it, AND THEN your friend takes his foot off the pedal. Repeat this a few times, and after each time, check the clutch fluid resivoir to be sure you don't run it dry, because if you do, you'll have to start all over again.
                b. The clutch slave cylinder isn't lined up with the clutch throwout arm or is siezed up. After you bleed the system, make sure the end of the throwout arm that you can see is moving about an inch.
                c. Check for leaks at the firewall inside where the clutch master cylinder comes through, at all your fittings, and at the clutch slave cylinder. Pull the boots of both the master and slave cylinders back to check for leaks.

Now, you mention some other things that I really don't understand because of your grammatical skills. I'm not trying to beat you up about it because I really don't give a shit about how you type, but if you want us to help, you need to articulate yourself better. Use technical terms rather than "thing" and try at least words like "what ever" rather than "wuteva." I don't live in the ghetto and don't really like reading that shit. But hey, do what you have to do.

Comment

ok. well i going to use ur guide and check my manual to be 100% on the torque spec. about the clutch. it does move about an inch. but i notice my homeboy's honda accord 94 when he let go of the clutch the slave cylinder close completely. when he press the clutch it open all the way out like hell. mine doesnt do that. it close bout an inch and open about an inch in the middle. so my job now is to drop the tranny again. i dun got time for that today . maybe tmw morning like 7 in the mornin since i gotta go work at 3. thanks for the help.
                  DEFJAM

Comment

or maybe 19 lol i dont remember what it was I just threw a number out there =D. It didnt take much though I remember the much.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

19 is the correct tourqe. try putting it into first with the car off and push in the clutch then start it. If it sits there and dosent move but is running then try to drive it.
                      spin city

Comment

sweet, i got it right! haha

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq

Comment

i had the same problem and it came out to be that i didnt install the throw out bearing correctly so i had to take the tranny off again and put it on i had the same symptons car on gear wouldnt go in turn it off it went in. so im pretty sure dats ur problem

thanx for da sig. DFRHonda

Comment

how was the throw out bearing installed when it was incorrect? how much did the arm move and have play?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq

Comment

lol I dont see how people install TO bearings incorrectly I mean there is only one way it goes on lol. Oh well seems to be a major prob though.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X