Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car jerks constantly, brakes n stop, idling is messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car jerks constantly, brakes n stop, idling is messed up

pls help me out here
    i drive a 90 accord, manual transmission, carbuerrator
    the problem is that the car jerks when it is moving and i mean serious jerking
    plus the car would go off whenever i hit the brakes,
    and the idling is also bad. am at a total loss here cause all the
    repair shops i have gone don't know what to do all they do is clean the
    carbuerrator and it still does the same old thing. HELP OUT PLS

Somebody answer his question cuz I have somehow the same problem. Whenever I hit the brake and the speed drops below 30M/h; the engine stalls really bad and eventually dies whether my foot is on the clucth or I'm in neutral or both. Notice that my car has a DIRECT INJECTION. What could that be?

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Maybe need to rebuild the carb? Need to adjust it? You make sure engine mounts and such are ok. Not really sure abot the carbureted engines since we dont get those here but I would give those a look.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

rotors are gone if u brake and the steering wheel shakes...

Comment

Originally posted by biohala
          pls help me out here
          i drive a 90 accord, manual transmission, carbuerrator
          the problem is that the car jerks when it is moving and i mean serious jerking
          plus the car would go off whenever i hit the brakes,
          and the idling is also bad. am at a total loss here cause all the
          repair shops i have gone don't know what to do all they do is clean the
          carbuerrator and it still does the same old thing. HELP OUT PLS
          when you say jerks...like bad alignment jerk? and go off...like stop running? or pull to one side or something?
          Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
          Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

The motor mounts can cause serious vibrating? My 93 ex is vibrating something fierce.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

solved the brake problem and the jerking

the jerking was being caused by bad fuel supply from my fuel pump
              i guess something was blocking the pipe that draws fuel to the pump ( i use an
              external pump ); and the brake problem was being caused by a lost screw that was supposed to block one of the air holes in the carburretor
              and since i locked the hole in the carburretor it stoped going off,
              my dash board vibrates when i get up to 90 kmph but that is because of my stabilizing linkage, and my wheel balancing which i need t o fix so thankx guys

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
                Somebody answer his question cuz I have somehow the same problem. Whenever I hit the brake and the speed drops below 30M/h; the engine stalls really bad and eventually dies whether my foot is on the clucth or I'm in neutral or both. Notice that my car has a DIRECT INJECTION. What could that be?
                try playing with your icv...

Comment

Working...
                X