Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i need help please!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help please!!!!!

when i put my car in gear everything shakes and my idle goes way down like the car is going to die..i checked all my motor mounts and they look fine..the wierd thing is once i drive the car for about 15 minutes or so the shaking goes away please help with any suggestions...

tranny? does it make any other sounds other than idle and shaking noise? what happens when you are driving? any other info might help you get an answer...
    Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
    Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

it does shift a little hard when i drive.. but they shaking is only when im stopped or when i get in my car in the mornings and but it into gear..but then it all the shaking stops when i drive for about 15 or 20 minutes..still shifts hard all the time though..just got my tranny flushed a few weeks ago though..

Comment

mine did that too before i ripped the motor out...i really didnt pay attention to it...just figured the tranny was funked...

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

so does anyone know what i can do to fix it???

Comment

Well changing out trans fluiid is a good start. Check your rear mount?

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 93hondaaccordex
              when i put my car in gear everything shakes and my idle goes way down like the car is going to die..i checked all my motor mounts and they look fine..the wierd thing is once i drive the car for about 15 minutes or so the shaking goes away please help with any suggestions...
              your describing an idle problem not a transmision problem .... its idleing rughf when the car is cold ... what maintanence have you done to the car lately ...?

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

i was thinking the same thing. sounds more or less electrical to me. have you checked grounds and ignition.
                91 Ex CB9
                JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                Weight Reductions
                R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Thinking it might be your spark plugs or wires..look into your axle..Cause right now..mines start to shake when i get up to 45mph and after that runs fine..

Comment

some cars idle and shake when u have ur a/c on and the compresser kicks in it might be that or it could be the tran
                    BADMON TING

(\__/)
                    (O.o )
                    (> < ) This is Bunny.
                    Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by kapone
                      your describing an idle problem not a transmision problem .... its idleing rughf when the car is cold ... what maintanence have you done to the car lately ...?

i just replaced my axle, got a tranny flush and an alignment, oil change and thats about it.. i havent replaced my spark plugs for a little while could that be it?? and just to let you know i do let my car warm up before i take off for about 5 minutes or so but i still have this problem.. still an idleing problem??

Comment

check ur egr it might be stuck open and it could cause dat kind of problem.

thanx for da sig. DFRHonda

Comment

i left a post the other day to what sounds like a similar problem of yours. check out what i had to say and see if that will help.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...0&page=2&pp=20
                          91 Ex CB9
                          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                          Weight Reductions
                          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

if it shakes only in gear its not an idle problem. sounds like a clutch problem. like its not fully depressed right? cant u adjust it? like if your clutch was half way out with your foot on the brake it would have those symptoms right?
                            91 lx h22 ftw!!!1!!one!!

lsd is wonderful

Comment

try backing out the idle screw a little to raise up the idle,then go back in the car put in gear,if its still low,do it again until its perfect(till it doesn't shake)and oh yeah try it at quarter of a turn at a time
                              95 Accord Wagon
                              95 Integra GSR

Comment

Working...
                              X