Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

automatic tranmission problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic tranmission problem

every time i shift the engine jerks. this only happens when you put the shift lever to drive or reverse. is there something wrong with my engine mount or cable. tnks in advance

Rocky
    1993 LX 2DR Coupe bone stock 120,000 2nd owner
    1972 Celica 18RG project car
    1974 Celica Rust Free non running

Engine mounts. Check em.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

or drain and refill ATF with "HONDA ATF"

Comment

ok ill check the mounts btw how do you know if the mounts need to be replace?? i guess ill drain and refill the trany fluid with honda ATF.

Comment

its nice to get your questions can answered immediately after posting...
          im still waiting ?

Comment

One way to check easily is to put the car in park and don't have the e-brake on. Open the hood and grab the front of the car and pull and push it. This will show you how the engine mounts hold the engine. A little bit of play is normal but you'd notice if it had alot of play just by doing this.

My '86 accord had this problem except that it was actually the engine that was broken. One of the mounting holes had actually sheered of a piece of the block. I didn't know this until that little peice flew up and snapped my timing belt and BLAMMO... pooched engine.

~Mike

Comment

The mounts in the front and side are easy to check see if its cracking and stuff. Another way is to put load on the motor this require the e brake and putting it in first in reverse. Give it some gas in both gears and see how far the motor moves. Motor movement should be minimal. Or you can take a pry bar and try to shift the motor with it which is ghetto but works.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

most likely the front "dogbone" motor mount. In the front of the engine in the middle. You can use a light and look at the top of the mount and see if the rubber is split.
                1993 Honda Accord LX-auto--bone stock for now.--248K
                1997 Honda CRV--auto--bone stock--wife won't let me touch the CRV. 150K

Need any performance parts? Check out my website or email me for prices.

www.CARMandP.com

Working on my H23 sway for free

Comment

i'd juat replace them for the hell of it. the cars old so it's going to have some issues.

i'm not saying it's one of those spur of the moment type things to do because i've never replaced engine mounts on anything i've driven before so i can't really say how long it would take.

Comment

my car does it and so does the other cb7 I drove today, its gotta be the rear mount cause my fronts new

My Members Ride Page

Comment

how many mounts that the engine and trany have??

Comment

3 engine, 1 trans.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment