Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Slow Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Window

I have the auto windows and the passenger window goes up and down extremly slow and the rear windows screetch when going down. Can anyone diagnose this for me?

its getting cold. The rubber is shrinking. Get some silicon lube..and only silicon lube...and aply in in the tracks.

No oil based lubes...Wd40 or any other weird shit like that. the rubber will expand and you will need new tracks.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Silicone lube is correct. Spray it into the tracks, and work the windows up and down alittle. Dont be afraid, you cant hurt anything.

Comment

but it even went down slow in the summer too. can it be my window motor

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Boy
          have they ever been replaced?

think about it, 13-16 year old car means 13-16 year old motor. its gunna slow down eventually

Comment

It could be the motor...

But either way, the tracks need to be lubed up. spray it in the tracks with the straw thing, and make the window go up/down while you do it.

Comment

Where so they sell silicone lube? I need some for my window also.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Lithium Grease works pretty well too. Just me though. I sprayed that in my channels and on the rails it rides on works pretty well.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                  Where so they sell silicone lube? I need some for my window also.
                  Pretty much any auto parts store, and maybe wal-mart.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

indeed wal-mart has everything even monopolistic business practices lmao but u should be able to find it there
                    bow down and S my D

Comment

same thing happens to me......summer/winter...im guessin it just the motor for it

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

give the motor a overhaul maybe?

H22A Vigor
                        SR20 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                          Pretty much any auto parts store, and maybe wal-mart.
                          yes wal-mart has it....but u have to be 18 to buy it
                          so i went to an auto parts store and they sold it to me
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Boy
                            Replace the window run-channel + main window switch.
                            Last edited by accordmaniac; 01-13-2007, 12:38 AM.
                            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                            X