Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gas mileage drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas mileage drop

Hey all, a couple weeks ago i changed my fuel filter and my gas mileage has gone down substantially! Before the change I averaged between 25 and 28mpg mostly city delivering pizzas, and 36mpg highway. Everything ran fine. I changed the filter and now i'm getting less than 20mpg with no change in driving.. the gas light used to start coming on at about 350miles city, now about 250miles city. How can a fuel filter knock off a 1/3 of my gas mileage?? Also it's idling at 1200rpm since then too. Air filter is good. The only thing I can think of is the black canister under, I think the emission or engine control box, when trying to take off that one vaccuum line the plastic nipple broke off so it's not on there tight. Any suggestions? Thanks, sorry so long!

Short

is there gas leaking anyware?

My Members Ride Page

Comment

No, no gas leak. On another note, I tried to see if I could pull a code from the cel today but it doesn't blink. Is it supposed to stay on continuously when there is a jump wire on the connector if there is no code? Every other car i've checked codes on, it will blink like a 12 or something just to say it's starting and ending even if there are no codes.

Comment

You put in the filter the right way? Well the CEL is supposed to come on when you start the car.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

What I meant was I was seeing if there were any codes in the computer using a jumper wire on the service terminal, turn the ignition to on and the cel blinks. But it doesn't, it just stays lit, it's not on when I'm driving, only if i jump that terminal. I didn't think there was a wrong way to put the filter on?

Comment

that canister is the charcoal canister that runs off of your vaccum, a loss in vaccum can cuase alot of problems, fix that problem and see what it does.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Working...
            X