Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shifting auto tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shifting auto tranny

i'm been seeing some posts about it being bad for a auto tranny to be shifted manually. i'm wondering if going down a hill and shifting from D4 to d3 or second would be considered harmful to the tranny.

I know I am guilty of doing just that. Around here there are so many hills and when I had my good rims on the CB it cut down the amount of braking needed meaning clean rims for longer. I have not had any tranny trouble. I usually make sure the RPM's arent too high before kicking it down to D3. Later

Comment

sometimes when i kick down to second the engine get kinda loud and revs at around 3-4k would that be harmful to the tranny? i thought those gears were designed to be used going down hill to provide engine braking ect..

Comment

I've also heard that shifting is bad for your auto tranny but I think it's more when you're accelerating and using your auto like it was manual. not so much of downshifting for engine braking.

Comment

downshifting is bad if its high rpm shit. Like your cruising in d4 going pretty fast then you decide to use the engine to brake and throw it in D3 thats not good. If your climbing hilss and shit thats understandable but usually your already in a lower gear and not really mashing on it unless you are passing someone.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

do you got the sport mode in your car. if you got it use it and youll notice a huge difference i got it and i use it a lot

Comment

as long as your not starting out in d1 and shifting all the way up

Comment

i shift my shit all day long all day strong all the way up to 9k rpm, never had a prob when i was fagamatic
                knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Originally posted by TZ91accrd
                  do you got the sport mode in your car. if you got it use it and youll notice a huge difference i got it and i use it a lot
                  Really doesnt make a difference IMO when I had it in my old EX.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

2 and 3 exist to handle hills and things (which is why nobody in South Jersey knows what to do with them! ) It's only harmful when you try to race... If you want to race, let the auto do it's thing. For hills and such, it's fine to downshift that way.

Comment

Originally posted by mike890
                      i'm been seeing some posts about it being bad for a auto tranny to be shifted manually
                      ask this guy...93EXaesthetic..

Comment

Gas or Brakes, choose

Comment

does help at all. i use to do that and there was no diff.

Comment

Originally posted by TZ91accrd
                            I see a difference with my sports, higher revs allowed
                            89 Acura Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Boost Toy)
                            94 Honda Accord 2.2 EX (Daily For Now)
                            04 Chevy Suburban 5.3 LT (Kiddie Haulin Pimpness)

Comment

just don't gear down a to high of a rpm way to much stress on tranny and the engine.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Working...
                              X