Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

jdm h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm h22

This summer i want to buy a h22 so im starting to look and i was hoping someone could give me a good site.$1000

hmotorsonline.com, they're the best place to buy engines from.

Comment

either hmotorsonline or ebay
      DA FASTEST ACCORD IN QNZ

The H-series potential only begins where the B-series ends.

83 Porsche 944 Black - Sold (my first)
      91 VW Jetta GL Red - Sold
      95 VW Jetta GLS VR6 swapped Green - Sold
      90 Accord EX 4dr Navy Blue - Sold
      91 Accord SE Gray - Stripped N Junked
      92 Accord 10th AE Green - Sold
      93 Accord LX 2dr Frost White - 4 sale
      90 Integra 2dr JDM B16 White - Sold
      93 Accord EX 4dr Black - New Toy

Comment

those motors on hmotorsonline are expensive as hell

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
          true, but they are honest. with other companies there is a good chance there is something wrong.

edit: which motor are you looking at? the h22a7 is really expensive and the h22a i think is like half the price of an h22a7.

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
            considering their the most reputable honda motor importer in the US they have the right to be a little high. but your paying for a quality motor that came from a running car. their engine also come with less then 40k on the clock, so your basically buying a new car for less then 2500 bucks. not to mention the engine also comes spotless of grime and occasionally if your lucky it might have some extra parts on it that it didnt say it would come with.

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

everyone I've talked to has poined me in the direction of hmotorsonlone so when im ready that will be where i order it from. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Isn't that your engine in your sig?

I've bought an engine for my Integra from them and the engine arrived spotless. The internal parts of the engine were clean also.

They are a good company but the shipping company that dealt with HMO were asshats who got my address wrong which delayed it for a month and managed to drop the bottom of the crate which tore a hole through the wrapping and dented the oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                  Isn't that your engine in your sig?
                  No thats off of a prelude I remember that engine bay. Its running an RMF header or something like that and some others. I think he was a mod at superhonda seen his red prelude a couple of times with the painted black OEM rim. HMO is a good company and you do get what you pay for. If you have problems you can call up steve and he will try to work things out with you.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

1k bucks for a h22a swap is jewish, everyone would own one if it was for 1k bucks for a complete swap
                    knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Originally posted by BIEN_DIESEL
                      1k bucks for a h22a swap is jewish, everyone would own one if it was for 1k bucks for a complete swap
                      Congrats. You're banned for a week.

$1000 is quite low for a quality H22. It's possible to find one, but I wouldn't risk it. I'd rather have a running motor for $2000, than a paperweight for $1000. hmotorsonline is the way to go. I beat the piss out of my motor (well, not really... but I drive a lot, and I don't drive like a granny), I've had it for over 3 years and 60,000 miles. Not a single problem, aside from the ignition coil failing on me (which is normal after so much wear).

Comment

I posted this thread here to find out how much i was looking at spending, the $1000 was just hopfullness because i have never priced an h22 but now i know since some people have given me some sites.

Comment

you also have to account an extra $1000 for the engine swap. if you are not going to turbo your engine i would go with the h22a4. it's a little faster and cheaper.

Comment

Hey Tuner2be... Do you have a CB picked out yet that you are going to buy or already have one or what? If you are still in the market looking for one I am starting to try and sell mine. Its a Sedan! Let me know if your interested. Later

Comment

The 92-95 JDM H22A is a better choice than the H22A4, simply because of the fact that it's already OBD1. The true JDM engines have low mileage anyway (as long as you get one from a reputable source).

$1000 for the labor should be the maximum you pay... and that should include the labor of installing a new timing belt and water pump. If you have the facilities, doing a swap yourself isn't really that hard. If you aren't much of a mechanic, it'll just take longer. There is nothing involved in an H22 swap that you can't figure out.

Comment

Working...
                              X