Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sleeve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to ban people? Jose, Justin... I know you know your shit... and I know you hate the beginner forum. Why the hell are you always in here?

And yes... telling someone to search is not allowed, unless you follow it with some information. People will learn how to search... however, they need to learn a few things before they know what they're searching about! Judging by the first post, I don't even know that the poster knows what a sleeve is... that would make it tough to understand what the details of it would be, making a search useless.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Do I need to ban people? Jose, Justin... I know you know your shit... and I know you hate the beginner forum. Why the hell are you always in here?

And yes... telling someone to search is not allowed, unless you follow it with some information. People will learn how to search... however, they need to learn a few things before they know what they're searching about! Judging by the first post, I don't even know that the poster knows what a sleeve is... that would make it tough to understand what the details of it would be, making a search useless.
      "follow it up with some information" which is exactly what I did.

You don't have to know what a sleeve is to be just a LITTLE bit intelligent and search properly. Not even thoroughly, just not lazily. Making the word plural or adding the word "engine" because you know that's what it has to do with aren't difficult concepts.

I figured I might shine some light inside this guy's brain, or try to... he seems to not be getting any better at all and seems to think this is the only place on the internet to get any information.

Comment

i grew a habit for any information i need about my cb7 i would post a thread here. if it has anything to do with my honda accord 93 i would come to this website first and ask around.. i grew a habit going through here since i learn so much quickly and made my auto-manual so easily and done things i never thought i could do quickly. changin the rotors? it was a piece of cake when i read a thread about it and this guy provide a video. before i read it i was currently workin on it and i thought these 12 point 10mm dont belong there like it been mess with i didnt even have the tools. i didnt even know that bolt was holdin the disc plate i was tryin to pry it out with a flat head. till i read the thread and it came out so easily. cb7tuner.com is my favorite website for my car. the answer would come to me quickly why would i search on goggles and yahoo when this website been so helpful? and seriously. i dont see u posting any thread or any reply to any other thread except be on my ass. if u wanna talk smack then say it to urself i didnt say i'm the smartest guy on cb7 that i should be an administrator. i'm also a rookie. learnin straight thru cb7tuner.com . got it?

this guy who came by to check out my clutch lastnight was helpin me because i was pumpin it so many times and i wasnt getting pressure. there was no leak and everything was install property. problem was my clutch assembly if that's what it's called that's attach to the pedal from the engine bay. was no good. we had a chat and said a sleeve could boost 40psi creating 700 hp for my engine. i ask question to him bout it cuz i heard that'll be burnin rubber so much that it was pointless. but before we could go on about this sleeve a friend came thru to pick him up cuz he had got to go. it was in my head to learn more about those sleeve and why they cost so expensive. i search ebay for the parts and i couldnt believe how the sleeve looks like and cost 1,000+ dollars for it. to learn more about it i post this thread.
        Last edited by defjamon22z; 10-13-2006, 10:42 AM.
        DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
          i grew a habit for any information i need about my cb7 i would post a thread here. if it has anything to do with my honda accord 93 i would come to this website first and ask around.. i grew a habit going through here since i learn so much quickly and made my auto-manual so easily and done things i never thought i could do quickly. changin the rotors? it was a piece of cake when i read a thread about it and this guy provide a video. before i read it i was currently workin on it and i thought these 12 point 10mm dont belong there like it been mess with i didnt even have the tools. i didnt even know that bolt was holdin the disc plate i was tryin to pry it out with a flat head. till i read the thread and it came out so easily. cb7tuner.com is my favorite website for my car. the answer would come to me quickly why would i search on goggles and yahoo when this website been so helpful? and seriously. i dont see u posting any thread or any reply to any other thread except be on my ass. if u wanna talk smack then say it to urself i didnt say i'm the smartest guy on cb7 that i should be an administrator. i'm also a rookie. learnin straight thru cb7tuner.com . got it?

this guy who came by to check out my clutch lastnight was helpin me because i was pumpin it so many times and i wasnt getting pressure. there was no leak and everything was install property. problem was my clutch assembly if that's what it's called that's attach to the pedal from the engine bay. was no good. we had a chat and said a sleeve could boost 40psi creating 700 hp for my engine. i ask question to him bout it cuz i heard that'll be burnin rubber so much that it was pointless. but before we could go on about this sleeve a friend came thru to pick him up cuz he had got to go. it was in my head to learn more about those sleeve and why they cost so expensive. i search ebay for the parts and i couldnt believe how the sleeve looks like and cost 1,000+ dollars for it. to learn more about it i post this thread.
          While you say you're trying to learn, you seem very resistant to new information.

I don't care what habits you have. That's a great story and all, but it still doesn't change the fact... CB7Tuner is not the only place to find information about your car. I even told you where and how I found information about the sleeves.

If you are unwilling to accept suggestions and pointers from other people on how to find information, then you should just stop working on cars period. Sorry to tell you this, but there is no one single solution for everything you need to know. RESEARCH IS KEY. I can't tell you how MANY people have told you that so far.

I'm really beginning to wonder if there's something deeper wrong here... conspiracy by aliens, registering new accounts trying to make our brains explode with nonsense?

We may never know...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            While you say you're trying to learn, you seem very resistant to new information.

I don't care what habits you have. That's a great story and all, but it still doesn't change the fact... CB7Tuner is not the only place to find information about your car. I even told you where and how I found information about the sleeves.
            u told me where to search about sleeve. but guess what? i already grab enough information just now before you even came in this thread . and i knowwwwwww omg DUHHH!!!!!! that i could FIND more information about sleeves going thru yahoo search or goggles. but if u search sleeves they mostly gonna be about chevy, nova, monte carlo, and other cars. i just wanna learn specifically about MY car. and like i said i like cb7tuner.com and i rather get it from here. thanks. ur information is helpful but i prefer here. otherwise i would have been elsewhere.

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            If you are unwilling to accept suggestions and pointers from other people on how to find information, then you should just stop working on cars period. Sorry to tell you this, but there is no one single solution for everything you need to know. RESEARCH IS KEY. I can't tell you how MANY people have told you that so far.

I'm really beginning to wonder if there's something deeper wrong here... conspiracy by aliens, registering new accounts trying to make our brains explode with nonsense?

We may never know...
            if only you was in miami...

DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

yo man instead of goin through all this bullshit just google up z10motorsport. their price is roughly 950 to sleeve a block. hope that helps ya
              it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

u told me where to search about sleeve. but guess what? i already grab enough information just now before you even came in this thread . and i knowwwwwww omg DUHHH!!!!!! that i could FIND more information about sleeves going thru yahoo search or goggles. but if u search sleeves they mostly gonna be about chevy, nova, monte carlo, and other cars.
                What makes you come to the conclusion that Google or Yahoo searches will lead to only Chevy parts??!?

You make absolutely no sense at all.

mandatory cha-ching because your posts make my head hurt

Comment

Searching Gave Me These Threads. Only 4 Pages

Most are relevant info to your topic. Whether you should sleeve, how much boost members are running on their motors etc.

Should I Sleeve?

More

Some More

Sleeving your motor would give you more protection to the engine, how much psi one can safely boost I can't give you an exact number but when looking to sleeve look into how much power the sleeve can handle and not psi.

Comment

but to get that.. it wont increase any horsepower.. except allow ur engine to handle more horsepower.. correct?
                    Yea. It prevents you from blowing your motor.. Prevents you from cracking a sleeve and wont let your piston or rod shoot out of your block..
                    DA FASTEST ACCORD IN QNZ

The H-series potential only begins where the B-series ends.

83 Porsche 944 Black - Sold (my first)
                    91 VW Jetta GL Red - Sold
                    95 VW Jetta GLS VR6 swapped Green - Sold
                    90 Accord EX 4dr Navy Blue - Sold
                    91 Accord SE Gray - Stripped N Junked
                    92 Accord 10th AE Green - Sold
                    93 Accord LX 2dr Frost White - 4 sale
                    90 Integra 2dr JDM B16 White - Sold
                    93 Accord EX 4dr Black - New Toy

Comment

Originally posted by FASTESTCB7inQNZ
                      Prevents you from cracking a sleeve and wont let your piston or rod shoot out of your block..
                      Correct.
                      "Fragmentation containment" is their main purpose.
                      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Working...
                      X