Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic Rev Limit not letting me redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Rev Limit not letting me redline

heres the story: at the stop light i get to go to 55mph, and my car will only shift at 3000 when i floor it... why is that?

Is it safe to shift down to 1 and redline as if it were a manual? i hear its not healthy for the transmission... true? or should i do it

Be Clean

Shifting with an automatic is a big NO!!! Very bad for the tranny. Are you sure you're flooring it all the way? lol I've redlined it with my automatic, but it sounds like crap, and very bad for gas milage (only done like twice maximum). Why would you want to redline it though?

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

you should do the manual swap then if you want to do that at a red light.

a buddy of mine did that and ended up blowing out his auto tranny. cost him 800 to rebuild it.

Comment

good or bad, but i drive my auto cb7 like a manual trans no problems forover 2 years, and i push that bitch hard.(am not telling any1 to do it, its just what I DO)
        the only thing i can think off right now its getting another tcu, do you have any cel lights or anything?

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
        Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Happy to say mine redlines when i punch it Dont know what to tell you. Ill drop to D3 or maybe even 2nd every once in a while but i never shift to 1st just to shift all the way up.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

autos=for girls. Get a damn manual lmao. Dont try to race or redline an automatic. It sounds ***. As for your problem, check our check engine light codes or get a new ecu... it could be the wrong ecu like for a manual instead of auto. That'll mess it up

Comment

Originally posted by JdmCB721
              autos=for girls. Get a damn manual lmao. Dont try to race or redline an automatic. It sounds ***. As for your problem, check our check engine light codes or get a new ecu... it could be the wrong ecu like for a manual instead of auto. That'll mess it up
              Why the hate for autos? Sometimes its a matter of preference, sometimes some just cant afford to do the swap.
              My Members Ride page!

Comment

well its a honda for one... its a daily driver to take me only to school... it was cheap and i had to go for it. another thing it is my first car and a fresh license so an automatic for a first time driver is a usual. and you know what, i'll get myself a manual when i can and it wont be a honda so there...

how does an automatic sound ***? why is it ***? i think thats a personal problem. the honda motor makes its genuine honda noise at higher rpms so i dont see your point. why would i have to check my ECU because its stock... no point man

why will it shift at 3000 when i floor it sometimes? sometimes it does it when i've already been hitting the throttle... is it maybe because of how it is driven?

Be Clean

Comment

i do this to mine and it red lines or come extremely close (im not possitive) I just know that when i punch it it goes wayyyyy past 3k RPM. are you sure you have the thing ON the floor, mine usually shifts at 2.5k to 3k in general driving.

Comment

You will be amazed that some of the fastest cars in the world are running autos...and that was a relatively stupid pointless comment. Are any of your lights flashing on the gauge cluster?

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

^^^ x2. I have beaten many a 5- speed ala auto. Mine revs hard and heads turn when she lays down the rubber!!!
                      Although I love a %-speed, I cannot hate an the automatic tranny.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

My DD is an auto, and my project car is a 5 speed. I LOVE the 5 speed, I find it to be much quicker. With the auto I punch....nothing...nothign....REV...oh I'm going a little faster lol. But with the 5 speed I get MUCH better response and love being in more control. Anyways, has anyone helped the guy??? lol

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Funny you should mention that. My car is an auto and I have beat quite a fair number of manual transmission cars.

Usually, there is about a .5-1.0 second difference between an auto's times and a manuals times.

If you miss a shift, you just lost.

If you adjust the power band to work with the gearing, you can get a lot more out of an auto than you think.

Don't blather about autos because that is what you read on the internet.

Besides, "***" or not, if you consistently drive in heavy stop and go traffic or just generally don't feel like having to deal with shifting, autos take the cake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the original poster:

There is most likely something wrong if it is only letting you go to 3000RPM. Typically, Honda's autos do shift just shy of the redline, but normally by only a couple hundred RPM or so.

You probably have issues, and may want to check your fluid quality and level. Pretty much everything else on those is electronic, so if it isn't simple, then you are probably in trouble.

Being that it is electronically controlled, it is safe to shift it manually. If you shift into a gear that it doesn't want, it won't go into it because the computer has final say.

Most people that have ruined one of these transmissions have ruined them for stupid reasons like not maintaining them or doing Neutral drops.

They require a fluid change every 30,000 miles, and only Genuine Honda ATF will maintain the shift quality.
                          Last edited by owequitit; 10-13-2006, 06:39 PM.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
                            heres the story: at the stop light i get to go to 55mph, and my car will only shift at 3000 when i floor it... why is that?

Is it safe to shift down to 1 and redline as if it were a manual? i hear its not healthy for the transmission... true? or should i do it

the TCU control the Auto shift point base on engine load and speed. In a stock car if your auto is upshifting around 3k rpm then either your TCU going bad or your foot is caught on the flooring carpet/or central console carpet and it feel like it floor 100%. 1 thing that look odd is you did mention this happen at 55mph, so just say you are at a light and floor it 100%, does it shift near redline in 1st then auo upshift to 2nd or still 3k rpm from 1st then to 2nd?? It still in "D" but you can feel the 1st/2nd shift in a honda. slim change it also your tranny kick down cable is too loose.

Manual shifting on auto will reduce it life span, but many people do it for the feel without the need to swaping in a 5 speed. There are thing you can do to help the auto tranny last longer, heat is what kill the tranny not the manual shifting by the driver. You will need to install a aftermarket tranny oil cooler and check your tranny oil often, a tranny oil flush will do wonder , but you can get away with drain and refill every 10k miles.

sorry for the long speech, just leting people know Auto can be fun too, sure 5 speed are great, but every Auto need love too.
                            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

the only reason why i like a 5 speed is because if i get stuck in snow, i can rock myself loose but i hate having it when theres a stop sign at the top of a hill.

i also like the autos because sometimes i just feel lazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X