Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 IM swap - what ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 IM swap - what ecu?

Okay I'm gonna install my h23 intake manifold on my 91 f22a1 this weekend. I picked up P06 for dirt cheap and ordered a chipping kit. Can I run a chipped p06 on my engine or do I have to use a P14 to control the black box for the secondary runners?

I want a chipped p06 to run a modified map I've compiled.
    89 Acura Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Boost Toy)
    94 Honda Accord 2.2 EX (Daily For Now)
    04 Chevy Suburban 5.3 LT (Kiddie Haulin Pimpness)

You can use the p06 or the stock ex pt6 should work also.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I got a pt6 and it works just fine.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

So we have to use EX ecu to make it work?
        She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
        Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
        Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

EX would be easiest to find and its a stock ecu for our cars. Installing the manifold and wiring it through the ecu will make them operate like OEM ; butterflies open @4700RPM like they're supposed to.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

use any ecu you want; pt3, p12, pt6, p06. a chipped and tuned p06 would be the best choice.

the pt3 and p12 will not open your butterflies as they were meant to be opened(by the ecu rpm signal). so, if you have the iab box, it will be pretty much useless and you will have to settle for them opening with vac.

with a pt6 or p06(iabs can be added to it when chipped) the ecu controls when the iabs open and close.
            Last edited by d112crzy; 10-11-2006, 01:42 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              use any ecu you want; pt3, p12, pt6, p06. a chipped and tuned p06 would be the best choice.

the pt3 and p12 will not open your butterflies as they were meant to be opened(by the ecu rpm signal). so, if you have the iab box, it will be pretty much useless and you will have to settle for them opening with vac.

with a pt6 or p06(iabs can be added to it when chipped) the ecu controls when the iabs open and close.
              Okay thats what I wanted to hear! So is there like some code that I have to add to my custom map? Or is it hardware changes?

Comment

I've got a 90 DX, which I guess means I have an F22A1, correct? What ECU would I have??

Also someone mentioned the P06, I looked it up and that's a 92-95 Civic ECU!? That can't be right!

So would an H23 mani work right with my stock ECU? Or would I also have to do something about the butterflies?
                I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

yeah I'm totally cool with the vacuum activated butterflies. I may still get a P06 anyway though just so I can chip it.

Does the P06 plug into our harness though? And will it cause any issues?

Also, I'm assuming that the concensus is that for power the H23 is definately better than going to the A6 manifold, correct? I mean if it's only a 5% difference or something I'll just go with the A6 mani, since it's easier to find.
                  I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

can you guys please read the ecu tuning thread? i have a few threads on there explaining everything on chipping.

Comment

thanks noob

hurry up and buy my p06 damnit!!

Comment

what about a vaccumm switch if it exist??? kind of like a manual boost controller but only with on off option...

Comment

Working...
                        X