Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I'm confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused...

So, when you buy an exhaust system you can't use any other different parts with it?

Example: Can you use a Magnaflow resonator with a Autotechnic Universal Muffler?

Example: Magnaflow pipe with a Tanabe Universal Muffler?

Sorry for the dumb question.

if everything bolts up the same y would it not work??? cut and weld do it custom!!!!

Comment

yes you can.

just make sure the inlet and outlet sizes are the same.

ex : so a resonator with 2.5 outlet and a muffler with a 2.5 inlet will work
      uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

I'm having a resonator installed after the cat and before the muffler. I do not know the muffler brand, but it's a non-stock setup. I'm doing it to quiet the whole thing down hopefully.

the shop (or you) just have to weld in properly to fit.
        Last edited by Rahhstah; 10-10-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I appreciate the help guys

Originally posted by sirs1ayer
          yes you can.

just make sure the inlet and outlet sizes are the same.

ex : so a resonator with 2.5 outlet and a muffler with a 2.5 inlet will work
          So, this here: http://www.matrixracing.com/pc-5110-...ip-w4-l25.aspx

Would fit on a resonator with a 2.5 outlet?

Comment

jesus man what are u trying to do give everyone a coronary!?!? 200 for a muffler??? That was almost half of a full cat back APEX unit i got! 7 to 10 horsepower my ass! Its a muffler that does nothing. save money go to muffler shop and have a custom one made out of 2.25 if ur going to stay na. that way u get a catback exhuast for the same amount. Matrix = egay company.

Comment

Originally posted by htswmr6
              jesus man what are u trying to do give everyone a coronary!?!? 200 for a muffler??? That was almost half of a full cat back APEX unit i got! 7 to 10 horsepower my ass! Its a muffler that does nothing. save money go to muffler shop and have a custom one made out of 2.25 if ur going to stay na. that way u get a catback exhuast for the same amount. Matrix = egay company.
              Dude the titanium muffler $109 which is the one I want to get, lol. Not 200.
              Last edited by BatmannamtaB; 10-11-2006, 12:22 AM.

Comment

yo
                get a bomz ebay muffler, it sounds pretty good, and then cut your cat out and put in a test pipe exept with a bigger piping in fact get an ex header is your car an ex or get an h23 exhuast manifold i belive they fit and run a bigger header back exhuast and then run it to that egay muffler and youll be suprised of the sound and the power.
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                  yo
                  get a bomz ebay muffler, it sounds pretty good, and then cut your cat out and put in a test pipe exept with a bigger piping in fact get an ex header is your car an ex or get an h23 exhuast manifold i belive they fit and run a bigger header back exhuast and then run it to that egay muffler and youll be suprised of the sound and the power.
                  There's only mufflers for Civics

Comment

it doesnt matter, those arent muffler for anything, thier universal just look at the inlet. any muffler can fit on any car.
                    ]

Comment

mufflers are universal.
                      my friend put a tractor exaust on his 93 civic for like a week haha sounded weird as hell.

but mufllers aren't "bolt on"
                      they have to be welded.
                      if you don't want to do any welding or go to a mufflershop.
                      get a Catback. thats just bolt on.
                      uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

yo
                        get a bomz ebay muffler, it sounds pretty good, and then cut your cat out and put in a test pipe exept with a bigger piping in fact get an ex header is your car an ex or get an h23 exhuast manifold i belive they fit and run a bigger header back exhuast and then run it to that e*** muffler and youll be suprised of the sound and the power.
                        That is the worst advice I've heard for exhaust in a long time. That's a recipe for raspy exhaust right there if I've ever heard one. What if his state has emissions?

Power from exhaust?...unless you've got an H22 or forced induction, you'd be lucky to get 10 hp if that from that.

I've got full quality exhaust on my car and I don't notice much of a difference.
                        Last edited by AccordWarrior; 01-29-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

yeah but 10 horsepowert is alot on our car, and cutting a cat does help alot. check this out, my boy had one of those saturn sl2 or sw who knows the what the fuck. anyways he ran it at a 16.7 with just a cone filter. i put a 12 volt resister in his air temperature sensor, cut his cat and made 2 1/2 pipe all the wa y back and put in some autozone muffler. that weekend he ran it again and ran 16.5 and 16.4 i know thats not much but still a .3 in the quarter is not bad for just some bigger exhuast.
                          ]

Comment

yeah but 10 horsepowert is alot on our car, and cutting a cat does help alot. check this out, my boy had one of those saturn sl2 or sw who knows the what the fuck. anyways he ran it at a 16.7 with just a cone filter. i put a 12 volt resister in his air temperature sensor, cut his cat and made 2 1/2 pipe all the wa y back and put in some autozone muffler. that weekend he ran it again and ran 16.5 and 16.4 i know thats not much but still a .3 in the quarter is not bad for just some bigger exhuast.
                            (scratches head)

It's still gonna sound like ass though and that's my point. You make a lame thread ripping someone about having a "rice" car, then give them an exhaust list that's gonna make their car sound like a hyperactive weedeater?...smooth. There's plenty of exhaust systems out there that will give you gains without sounding like ass.

You're not going to get 10 hp from exhaust alone. I have a full system and I know I didn't get 10 hp.

Resistor mod?...you seriously think that did anything?
                            Last edited by AccordWarrior; 10-12-2006, 07:53 AM.

Comment

For some cars/engines going too big of an exhaust can kill performance. Just a lil fyi.

Comment

Working...
                              X