Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rims perfomence, 16 or 17.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rims perfomence, 16 or 17.?

i have h22a AT accord 4dr i m getting the rims(lightweight)
    i was gonna go for 16s but my friend said i should get 17s..
    what should i do..?
    and which rims are light weight rims..?
    just like my name, i m more into perfomence than looks.. so
    i m thinking of spending 600-700 w/tires...
    any1 who can hook me up in 714,213,323,562,818 area..?
    thank you thank you
    Pls do not stick Type-R or DOHC Vtec stickers
    if you do not have'm under the hood...
    that just makes you SUPER
    RRRRRRRRRRRicer....

Originally posted by Allgonoshow
    i have h22a AT accord 4dr i m getting the rims(lightweight)
    i was gonna go for 16s but my friend said i should get 17s..
    what should i do..?
    and which rims are light weight rims..?
    just like my name, i m more into perfomence than looks.. so
    i m thinking of spending 600-700 w/tires...
    any1 who can hook me up in 714,213,323,562,818 area..?
    thank you thank you
    If u r "more about performance than looks" then I say go with 16" wheels.

Specially for use on regular roads. The extra tirewall will make the ride that much better.

Regular cast 16" x 7" wheels weight about 20-22lbs. If you go for light weight forged or light cast 16" wheels it will cost u, but they can weight much less (around 15-18 lbs, but don't quote me on that)

Example: this 18" extremly light Gram Light wheel below weighs as little as most 16" regular wheels. Weight is a big thing with wheels...search around this forum.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Stock 15 > any size for racing.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Stock 15 > any size for racing.
        thankyou you said it with a set of good tires. Looks or performance you really cant have both at a certain cost without paying out the ass so choose 1

Comment

15" wheels with 205/55/15 tires are the best combination you can get. The larger the wheel, the more weight (not only weight, but weight far from the hub, which is bad). 17" will definitely slow you down. The ONLY time to upgrade to a larger wheel would be if you're doing a big brake upgrade.

17" wheels look nice, but they aren't optimal for performance. The smaller the better (even 14" is good).

Comment

I think that 15's or 16's are good IMO.
            DA FASTEST ACCORD IN QNZ

The H-series potential only begins where the B-series ends.

83 Porsche 944 Black - Sold (my first)
            91 VW Jetta GL Red - Sold
            95 VW Jetta GLS VR6 swapped Green - Sold
            90 Accord EX 4dr Navy Blue - Sold
            91 Accord SE Gray - Stripped N Junked
            92 Accord 10th AE Green - Sold
            93 Accord LX 2dr Frost White - 4 sale
            90 Integra 2dr JDM B16 White - Sold
            93 Accord EX 4dr Black - New Toy

Comment

i say roll with steelies

Comment

Performance for what? Straighways, twisties or a balance of both?

13" Lenso VPD with slicks

Tires also play a major role in the performance. Why look for a lighweight rim and get heavy tires when it'll end up weighting the same as a heavier rim with lighter tire. With the same width and weight wheel, if you go for 14" and have a stiffer sidewalled tire it can perform the same as a 17" with sidewall roll.

Some good lighweight brands are Volks, Roja, Mugen but are costly. A cheaper relications of those are Nippons and Rotas. With your budget I do not think you can get a good set of lightweight + tires unless they are used or you can get major hookups.

Comment

werd. 15 or 16 if want to go the performance route. I like 17 and 18's personally especially for accords. The body of the Accord is huge and doesn't look right sometimes with 16's or 15's.

Comment

Ya I say stick with stock rims (15in?) and buy a really good set of grippy tires.
                    Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

i roll with both 14 15 and 16 inch tires when i race...and it don't make a diffrence in my time...and they all have the same tires...Nitto NT 555 DRAG RADIAL....18's are my show rims
                      Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

Originally posted by dsyple
                        i roll with both 14 15 and 16 inch tires when i race...and it don't make a diffrence in my time...and they all have the same tires...Nitto NT 555 DRAG RADIAL....18's are my show rims
                        Show us some timeslips.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                        X