Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idea for side mount i/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for side mount i/c

I was going to try to post this in the forced induction forum but it wouldnt let me... i was looking at members turbo setups and i saw one with a smic where the battery was located great for the sleeper look. while i was at work i was thinking about it and came up with an idea to mount a fan (radiator style pushing up through the i/c), and a sealed shroud/ funnel connected to a cold air style pipe droping down into the bumper for the cooler air. has this been thought of or tried b4. it just poped into my head
    Jeff

It works. Some people throw slim fans on there intercoolers I dont see why not. Id say attempt it and see how it works. The last person that did it blew his up. MIght wanna read up on his setup and improve it from there.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I did smic for the sleeper look and did ok for a while. I think fmic is better cuz it works more efficiently and as you know that everyone has thier own oppinion or somebody elses opinion.
      Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

I was thinking of putting my smic where my battery is, but if i end up getting alot of money and saving more i'll just go straight to the fmic, but the idea of a pusher fan and smic under hood did come to mind, it seems like a good idea
        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

im just thinking about running a smic for the low profile look and to run fewer charge pipes + fewer connectors and clamps = in my opinion fewer places for a boost leak to happen
          Jeff

Comment

you could paint the fmic grey or black to make it blend in.
            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
              you could paint the fmic grey or black to make it blend in.
              Or run WI

Comment

Working...
              X