Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ecu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu question

Ok i aint new, but i am going to turbo my car at somepoint in time, now that i got a kit it is coming along faster. I was wondering i know about all the injectors n stuff, but what about ecu.

With the new turbo setup installed what do i use for an ecu.

from asking around at school i was told i could tune my stock ecu with safc 2 and a aem wideband o2 sensor, i am completly new to this, but i will be able to change and adjust things for temp and such here(gets snowy and very hot)

if i buy a ecu online, i can get one pre programed for my turbo setup correct? what do i do when i wanna turn up the boost, get a new ecu, and or tune that one with above stuff?

what is the best route, id like to stay cheap, i dont wanna dump a crap load into this seeing i already have a project car, and i need the honda to stay as my dd or at least till i fix my cuda so i can park my cb7 for a while.

sugestions, comments. thanks guys
    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

alotta people do chipped p06....you can talkk to mrx aobut them he sells them
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Do it right save you the hassle and go with a chipped p06. Its almost like a standalone.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Best option is to use a PO6 Ecu out of 92-95 civic, and tune it using uberdata.
        Or you Could buy one of MRX's which are already chipped and have a basemap on them.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
          Best option is to use a PO6 Ecu out of 92-95 civic, and tune it using uberdata.
          Or you Could buy one of MRX's which are already chipped and have a basemap on them.
          so if i bought his ecu p06 then all i gotta do is plug in a go, and not worry about anything...sweet

Comment

Yea and if you want to mod your map just pull out the chip and reburn a new map on there.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by John Conner18
              so if i bought his ecu p06 then all i gotta do is plug in a go, and not worry about anything...sweet
              well is just a basemap, you will have to mess with the the settings so will get the best performance out of it
              Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                well is just a basemap, you will have to mess with the the settings so will get the best performance out of it
                so does that mean id have to buy a safc2 and o2 wideband to tune it if i want the best performance

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=98092 also i found that link i dont really get it, i could install example mrx's ecu and 450 injectors drive around like normal, then when i wanna boost the ecu would pick up that added air is being put into the engine and add fuel accordingly?

Comment

NO. you need to tune it. it will come with a BASEMAP, which is just enough to get you started. DO NOT DRIVE EVERYDAY ON A BASEMAP.

you have 2 options to tune the car.

1. Bring it to a dyno
                  2. buy a wideband 02 sensor, and street tune it yourself

and yes you can run the ECU before turbo, but honestly, it will probably run pretty shitty, especially up top.

i cant stress enough how important tuning is...you WILL end up with a blown motor if you dont take it very serious

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

alright thanks r33 youve been alot of help, thanks for clearing up some questions of mine

What is the point of buying a chiped ecu as apposted to tuning my stock ecu, is it just to prevent me from burning my engine up when i start it up for the first time, unless i am completly off in which i cant tune the stock honda ecu. cause if i am correct or wrong, the ecu would be just another 150 spend and then id still buy safc2 and o2 wideband and just tune it more.

i was also reading for my xs turbo on honda-tech people run them for a long time but the trick is to get a oil restrictor to not blow out the seals in the turbo, just though id update my new learing haha
                    Last edited by John Conner18; 09-30-2006, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Dont use the SAFC2...A chipped ECU works 10x better. The pT3/PT6 is not "tuneable" and especially if your gonna run boost. Buy a Wideband o2 for street tune or dyno tune. Find someone that can chip if you dont understand the program.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

alright thanks r33 youve been alot of help, thanks for clearing up some questions of mine

What is the point of buying a chiped ecu as apposted to tuning my stock ecu, is it just to prevent me from burning my engine up when i start it up for the first time, unless i am completly off in which i cant tune the stock honda ecu. cause if i am correct or wrong, the ecu would be just another 150 spend and then id still buy safc2 and o2 wideband and just tune it more.

i was also reading for my xs turbo on honda-tech people run them for a long time but the trick is to get a oil restrictor to not blow out the seals in the turbo, just though id update my new learing haha
                        The Stock accord ecu cant be chipped. Tuning is the one thing you dont want to try and cheap out on.
                        Safc units have been used and worked, but are no way near as good as uberdata, Safc will add fuel but not change your timing.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Damn NAiL05 you beat me to it, well said though anyway

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

so i should just buy a pre tuned ecu from like mrx, with uberdata on it, drive it to a shop and have them tune it, i would rather tune it myself to save, what if i get uberdata and a safc 2? I know people who do know how to use this(safc2) if that helps.

get p06 ecu with uberdata, take it to local dyno shop, have them tune it, sounds like its gonna cost me an arm and a leg

Comment

Yeah tuning a honda for a turbo is somewhat involved. These guys are right a P06 will work well for an accord a p28 or p30 will work good to. The last two are usaully more expensive though because they have the vtec feature.

But a p06 can be converted to a p28 vtec ecu easily for say if you ever do an h22 swap or the h22 head frankenstien g22 thing. the p06 and the p28 are really the same computer the p06 just lacks the components needed for vtec.

for tuning. a chipped ecu and tuning your own fuel and ignition maps is the best way to go. Becuase you have control over you timing, to far advanced timing is what causes detonation and detonation causes engine failure like a melted piston cracked ringlands and sometimes just the whole top of the piston explodes!

Some people just use the safc to adjust for larger injectors and to add, that can actually work for some low boost setups but anything over like 6 psi and your timing will be so far advanced that you'll run into problems.

If you plan on running anything over ten or eleven psi you'll need a new map sensor like the motorola 2.5 bar. it reads up to twentyone psi and is way more reliable and easier to tune with then a GM map sensor. The Gm sensors are glitchy and inconsistant making tuning hard.

For tuning software I'd suggest using Crome Pro you can find it at Tunewithcrome.com

for more info on tuning check out homemadeturbo.com look in the engine managment forum

and pgmfi.org. Has pretty much all the information you need to know for tuning and chipping ecu's the seach function in there isn't very good though it seems like you can only do one search an hour the rest of your seaches come back with the same results..But the info in there is so good it's worth digging for.

and check out xenocron.com

Comment

Working...
                              X