Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil pressure light flickers and then blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure light flickers and then blinks

OK first post here it goes,

So for a while now my oil pressure light will flicker after about 10-15 min of driving (in town or on highway) but only when my rpm go below about 1500. Usually at a stop light or something. When i start driving again the light will go away. After about 45min-1hr or driving (faster if on highway) my oil light will start to flash (same conditions-below 1500 or at a stop). I will have good oil levels, and it does it even after an oil change. i am assuming it has something to do with the pressure if it only does it when the car is very slow or stopped, but i am wondering if maybe it is due to a faulty sensor or something of that nature.

has anyone had this problem or might know what it is? i searched the forum and although i didn't go through EVERY result, i did try looking for this problem in previous posts.

I own a 1992 Honda Accord LX-5 speed. No engine mods yet...trying to get the basics fixed first.
    Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
    Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Yes it is your oil pressure sending unit it's on the back of the block located above the oil filter I would recomend taking you oil filter off to get to it. Also you will need a deep socket the size I think is a 21 I think that's it! lol
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Hey Thanks! I will give it a shot and let ya know how it goes!
      Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
      Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
        Yes it is your oil pressure sending unit it's on the back of the block located above the oil filter I would recomend taking you oil filter off to get to it. Also you will need a deep socket the size I think is a 21 I think that's it! lol
        x2..mine was doing the same thing..Sensor is less than $10 and that fixed the problem for me
        Last edited by GunRunner; 09-27-2006, 06:33 PM.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

No problem bro just helpling out!
          99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Sorry to bump such an old thread but would this be the same place that I would install the sender for my aftermarket oil pressure gauge?
            R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
            FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
            Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

the correct socket is an oil pressure sender deep socket ( a 7/8) cost about 15$ at o'rileys and i would recomend a junkyard for the sender unit ... i just changed mine today and if u go to the store thennnnn u wont have any place to replug that plug after u take out the old one cause the ones u buy over the counter dont have the boot

+ the junk yard gave me the unit for free ^_^

but ok to the 1st person ... ok no engine mods but do u have subs cause when i had 12's my light used to flicker but it stopped after a while but now i roll lightweight so yeah just helpful pieces of info for ya ^_^
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Also could be a crappy connection. The wire and connector are always soaked in oil and getting exposed to heat, so it may be that!

PS. its a girl!!! so ebonically it would be sista! lol!
                And you would have to install a tee fitting for it so you could use the sender and the oil pressure gauge! And another if you need to feed your turbo!

WaC!

Comment

I had a the two center main bearings go when mine was flickering
                  Torch_ind

Comment

#3 rod bearing for me lol.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yeah this is an old thread but i had to revive it.

my oil light is coming on but i JUST replaced my oil pressure sensor the other day. it will only flicker until the RPMs get down below like 1oooRPMs now im stuck on this. i just replaced the oil pressure unit like no more than 5 days ago and its been doing that ever since. i made sure it was plugged up correctly and all. whats the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        yeah this is an old thread but i had to revive it.

my oil light is coming on but i JUST replaced my oil pressure sensor the other day. it will only flicker until the RPMs get down below like 1oooRPMs now im stuck on this. i just replaced the oil pressure unit like no more than 5 days ago and its been doing that ever since. i made sure it was plugged up correctly and all. whats the problem?
                        it flickers at low RPM or at High RPM?
                        Torch_ind

Comment

It doesn't do anything anymore. I'm pretty sure the car he was talking about is junk now.

Shadow1's post is from September 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by b-bomb View Post
                            Sorry to bump such an old thread but would this be the same place that I would install the sender for my aftermarket oil pressure gauge?
                            yeah its simple hack in behind oil pressure sending unit

Comment

if your car is idling below1000rpms your oil pump is not making enough pressure this will cause your oil light to come on!!! hence im having iacv issues and in turn my idle is wierd causing my oil light to come on and flash

Comment

Working...
                              X