Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

engine swap ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine swap ?'s

i swapped a f22b1 into my car and the guy i bought it from told me i could swap it in with no problems except i would have to wire vtec in. well i got everything hooked up except one sensor don't exactly know where it goes couldn't find it on my other motor or intake manifold. i'm getting spark but i'm not sure about fuel. i don't have a starter on it right now cause i broke my other one. so i'm push starting it for the time being when i drop the clutch it starts the motor but slowly comes to a stop. i need HELP.

1992 cb7 EX coupe missed

so what exactly do you want to know?
    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

get a starter. and then come back

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

get a starter man. why spend money on fixin it when u should be fixin a big thing like replacin the starter?? as far as a vtec. i'm still tryin to find out how to turn it on. i heard u gotta connect it to ur ecu so it'll turn on when it reach a certain RPM?? i never had a vtec before so i dunno how it is. but my friend with a crx b16a engine ask me about it. i search thru another website all i know u gotta connect it to ur ecu. as far as sensor i didnt find out bout that part. sorry.
        DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

I've heard of getting an RPM modulated light one meant for shift lights and using that to turn on VTEC... That way you can adjust it to any RPM you want.

Or if you are gonna get an A'pexi unit that should work as well

~Mike

Comment

i'm not worrkied about vtec right now i know what i have to do to run vtec. i don't need a starter to start my car. you can start a manual car by rolling and dropping it into gear. it acts the same as a starter by turning over the engine. i'm thinking it's my msd box or something that has to do with fuel or ignition timeing maybe?

1992 cb7 EX coupe missed

Comment

u ghetto as hell dawg .. lol.. let's make a picture maybe i might make u buy a starter... ur cruisin in ur accord.. chillin.. with jennifer lopez next to you.. fine ass hell in a skirt she let u slide ur hand in it u turn ur car off and went to get on top of her.. but then she said.. babe. i'm not doing it. i rather a bed than a car.. your gonna tell her.. well get out the car and push my car and i'll jump start it and we'll b on our way??? dawg. i'ma take ur female if u say that shit lol but uhh.. what was u asking???
              DEFJAM

Comment

oh yeah.. maybe. lol. uhh.. buy a new one.
                DEFJAM

Comment

yeah no shit. there is no need for the smartass comments. i'm in a tite place with money right now and am just trying to get my car running. you feel me dawg. and don't talk about my takeing my women it ain't goin to happen. and i'm asking about ignition and timeing and fuel dipshit. learn how to read.

1992 cb7 EX coupe missed

Comment

Originally posted by 92coupex
                    i don't need a starter to start my car.
                    mabye your engine isnt grounding right since there is no starter. Bad grounds would cause exactly what you are describing

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

You say you are getting spark?? Then how could it be the MSD box... If you are't sure if it is getting fuel how about this... Take the fuel line off the fuel filter and put it in a bottle. Now turn your car to "ON" not "Start" and see if the pump works... or you could just listen for it...

If no fuel, maybe it's the Main Relay

BTW Always roll starting your car isn't always the best to do... Once or twice but don't rely on it as a normal means to get the beast going.

~Mike

Comment

oh i know not to start my car like that it's just a temporary thing to see if it ran. but i'm going to go and be smart about it and get a starter. anyone know which starter i need for my car? i called an all foreign junkyard and they told me they have two and need to know which one i need. it got me alittle confused.

where is the main ground suppose to go on my block?

1992 cb7 EX coupe missed

Comment

i've narrowed it down to ignition. anyone got a working coil and distributor i can buy off them?

1992 cb7 EX coupe missed

Comment

how could it be your ignition if you said you are getting spark!!???

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 92coupex
                              i've narrowed it down to ignition. anyone got a working coil and distributor i can buy off them?

When you say stuff like this you need to be specific... What about the fuel.. is that fine??? How did you narrow it down to ignition???

Comment

Working...
                              X