Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Motor/ECU compatability ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor/ECU compatability ???

My 91 CB7 with the f22a1, I am looking to get some more hp out of it and maybe lose the speed limiter. Would a p12 ecu from a prelude do the trick? If so would it need to be chipped or anything like that? I am posting this in the n00b section since it is probably a pretty basic question. I searched and couldnt find anything about what ecu's will work with which motors. And what year prelude would this come off of? LMK. Thanks in advance... Later

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
    My 91 CB7 with the f22a1, I am looking to get some more hp out of it and maybe lose the speed limiter. Would a p12 ecu from a prelude do the trick? If so would it need to be chipped or anything like that? I am posting this in the n00b section since it is probably a pretty basic question. I searched and couldnt find anything about what ecu's will work with which motors. And what year prelude would this come off of? LMK. Thanks in advance... Later
    Well, actually, there is a ton of info out there. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but our accords and prelude ECUs are very difficult to remap. Guys are still working out the hex locations. Find a civic or integra ECU for all your upgrade needs. P06, P28, P05, P72 should all be fine. P12 is from an H23(no vtec) I believe, and a P13 is from an H22. As far as I know, no one has remapped one of this.

If you want to add even more POWA on the cheap, I have a F22a6 intake manifold with dual runners and an A6 cam I can sell you. That will help out alot, especially with a remap.
    WTB - IACV for H22a4.

FS: 1993 CB9 w/H22a4 and much, much more.

PM or email with inquiries.
    Vouch Thread

Comment

I saw on here somewhere that a p12 would work with the F22A1. Maybe I am just dreaming... I am still searching. Thanks for the info. Later

Comment

If you want more power do like koffin say, Get all the stuff for an Accord EX or SE, they will have the duel runner and no speed limiter on the ECU. I am unsure about one thing and that would be the cam shaft I dont think you need it, but with the 2nd cam laying around you could always send it out and get it reground to be more of a performance one.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

is there an ECU for a f22a1 engine that will remove the limiter and let the motor run a little more free with the restriction of the stock ecu, and also if u get a chipped ecu for the f22a1 motor with a rev limiter of 7200 with an automatic is this going to do any damage to the motor. Basically I'm looking for a little power gain and just be able to take off the governor limit that kicks in when crusing down the highway at 115mph.
          Keep it Klean and Real

Comment

Mike, I think you may know more than those giving you advice...

The P12 would give some gains, simply because it's a more aggressive map. The Prelude has an F22A1, but it makes 140hp. I'm not sure if it has a governor or not... Honestly, going that fast is a bad idea anyway... I just got a ticket for 40 in a 25, and that's no fun. 115+ will get your car impounded!

Comment

Working...
            X