Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Couple of questions regardin vtech head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions regardin vtech head

does a vtech head off a h22 fit on a f22a4

just asking cuz a homboy is sellin me a h22 in $100 bones and he said that the block doesnt work, but the head does
    lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
    "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
    check out my mr thread
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

it does but i highly suggest you don't do it, just buy an h22 or h23 block and build it, the frankenstien motors always have problems, thats pretty cheap for and h22 head, i guy on here did a while back, don't know what happened
    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
      it does but i highly suggest you don't do it, just buy an h22 or h23 block and build it, the frankenstien motors always have problems, thats pretty cheap for and h22 head, i guy on here did a while back, don't know what happened
      x2 Havent heard to many stories of frankenstien motors having good luck for very long. Later

Comment

There really aren't enough F22/H22 frankenstein motors around to say if it would be reliable or not. Since you say "vtech", I assume you know very little about these motors... which means the chances of building a reliable hybrid aren't very good. Finding a local shop that is willing to do it is also a bit risky. I've learned in my time to NEVER trust a mechanic based solely on their position. I've met mechanics that knew considerably less about my car than I do, and I still have a lot to learn!

If you can get an H22 with a bad block for $100, DO IT! $100 for the head alone is a great price.

Honestly, what I would do in that situation is this: Buy the motor and store it, as is. Save up about $2500 to get the block re-sleeved, and drop in some forged rods and pistons. Go high compression and a bigger bore/stroke (F22 crank works for this) if you want good NA power. Go low compression if you want turbo.

A $100 H22 that needs a rebuild is like striking gold. For slightly more than the price of a working stock H22, you can have yourself a fully built monster!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          I've met mechanics that knew considerably less about my car than I do, and I still have a lot to learn!
          Professional Mechanics tend to know a little bit about everything, but its rare to find one that is a honda expert, never mind one who is and expert with accords

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

and if you dont wanna take this project on let me buy it for 100 and I build it!
            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              Professional Mechanics tend to know a little bit about everything, but its rare to find one that is a honda expert, never mind one who is and expert with accords
              Fine, if you're the guy that can't spell VTEC, but YOU Eric?!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                Fine, if you're the guy that can't spell VTEC, but YOU Eric?!
                Ill go shoot myself.

brb

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I believe it's "I'll", meaning "I will". Ill makes no sense! (kidding)

Honestly, if spelling is THAT big of a deal, then don't bother reading the posts. It's one thing when someone is lazy and types like they're rapping with one hand down their pants. It's another when someone truly TRIES to get their point across and either doesn't know how to spell a word, or doesn't realize they are spelling it wrong (like VTEC... I don't expect everyone in the Beginner Forums to understand what it means...)

Comment

just remember that if you don't drive it like the type of block you have (in this case, a regular accord) then it probably won't last long.....driving it like an f22a is a waste if you have an h22a head......the only reason i'd do it is for turbo purposes....that superior flowing head would be great and utilized even if you drove it like an f22........

but fuck it, i'd rather walk......i can walk fast
                    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Right. The H22 makes it's power up high. It's a high compression, high revving motor. Putting the H22 head on the F22 block won't be nearly as good, because the compression will be lower, and the internals aren't made to rev to 7500. Try to treat a hybrid like a full H22 and you'll find yourself walking.

The headswap thing is interesting, but I don't think I'd ever do it. I could pay $600 for everything needed to do an H22 headswap, or $1800 for a full H22. In a year, that $1800 H22 will most likely still be running strong with nothing but regular maintenance. Who knows how reliable that headswap will prove to be... sure, it may last. Or it may not. I'd rather pay $1800 for an easy, relaible bolt-in motor, than spend a TON of time creating my own motor for less money. Definitely not on a daily driver, that's for sure!

Comment

thanks for your posts, and um yeah i think ill buy the block and rebuilt it from the ground up , i dont want to buy just the head and have tons of problems later on .

well, thanks u guys
                        lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                        |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                        "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                        check out my mr thread
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

why dont you just stick a SOHC VTEC head on it?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

because sohc vtec is like wipin your butt before you poop, it just dont make sense.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              because sohc vtec is like wipin your butt before you poop, it just dont make sense.
                              How true!

If you look at the specs, a SOHC VTEC motor like the F22B1 doesn't make much more power than the F22A6 found in the 92-93 EX. Modifications would be needed to make it work, which leaves room for error. No matter how hard you try, you'll never make a frankenstein motor as reliable as a stock motor.

Rebuilding the F22A with stronger parts and a good cam/valvetrain setup would be much more beneficial than a SOHC VTEC headswap.

Rebuilding the H22 is a very good idea though be aware that it has FRM sleeves, which means your selection for aftermarket pistons is limited. You're probably better off getting the block resleeved anyway... which means you can run pretty much any aftermarket forged piston you want. A ground-up rebuild leaves your options open... crazy all-motor or high boost turbo. You can't go wrong either way!

Comment

Working...
                              X