Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering wheel shakes left and right when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel shakes left and right when driving

1992 honda accord lx model,

Steering wheel shakes while driving ?? short left and right jerks on steering wheel when you feel it ??? worst when brakes are applied??

what could this be ?

If it's worse when you hit the brakes, then I'm going to say that your rotors are warped. One of the first things to check would be your tire balance. That's inexpensive, so if it doesn't work you can move on to your rotors.

Comment

so if it's not the back tire's being balanced. is it jus the rotors that can only be the possible answer ? re surface the them and that;s it ?

Comment

if u get vibration at certain speeds (ie highway speeds) then that means ur tires need to be balanced. i would also suggest gettin them b alanced and if its still hapends move on to the brakes =P unbalanced tires suck!
        Frost White CB7 Crew #28
        RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

i had the same problem turned out my rotors were worn so bad they had to be replaced same time i replaced all 4 tires no problems since
          "Back in the cb7 game"

Comment

Yup, check the tires first, but I'm almost postivie that its your front rotors. If they are in good shape (material wise) you can resurface them, other wise, its time for new pads/rotors. NOW is the time for the cross drilled /slotted setup.

Comment

I have the same problem. I just did all new tires balanced and everything. Also did a full new brake setup but it still wont go away.

Not trying to thread jack just wondering if it could be anything else? Brake booster, master cylinder....?
              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Could be a CV joint that is binding.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

how about a wheel bearing? I think mine is bad because my steering wheel shakes back and fourth slightly and I hear a sh sh sh sh sh sh sh sh sound as im going down the road. my cv's are in good shape the auto to manual swap replaced my bad one.
                  spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                    how about a wheel bearing? I think mine is bad because my steering wheel shakes back and fourth slightly and I hear a sh sh sh sh sh sh sh sh sound as im going down the road. my cv's are in good shape the auto to manual swap replaced my bad one.
                    Wheel Bearing would be more of a grinding noise all of the time...

Comment

i had a similar problem, turns out one of my calipers were seized

Members Ride

Comment

sorry to bring this back from the dead but I am having the same problem with a few minor differences, but maybe the solutions are the same. at slow speeds it jerks between left and right real bad, almost feels as if my steering wheel has parkinsons disease. when i speed up it still jerks but it is a quicker jerk so it is not as noticeable. but the jerking only happens when the car is going straight not during a turn or coming out of a turn. Dunno if my tires have been balanced, bought it from a dealer in february. Lowered in march and havent had an alignment (yes i kno very bad), and as for the above mentioned for rotors. my rotors kinda feel like a ribbed condom so does this mean they are warped? does anybody have any other suggestions or just check the all of the above?

edit: this just started happening today if that helps
                        Last edited by sexsiangel; 11-07-2007, 05:14 PM.

Comment

we figure out her problem, the belt wore threw the tire which was causeing a wobble

Comment

the wheel bearing is a humming noise coming frtom either side run ur hand along the tread of the tire an see if its even if not then das ur problem eneven tread due to lack of tire rotations but probably jus need some rotors or a tire balancing

Comment

Working...
                            X