Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My turbo project

Alright Im boosting my accord its got stock f22 internals so wont be runing too much boost 14 max, So far I got intercooler,450 injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, 14b turbo, dsm BOV and custom flange, P28 ECU, 1g DSM Turbo mani 1 little heat crack, boost, water temp, oil presure, gauges. Stuff I need to order or make Stealthmode oil Line Kit, Home made Boost controoler, Intercooler piping kit, home made catch can, Basemap by Lee, and then tuning. Well thats pretty much my kit :

Stuff Bought so far

Intercooler : $108
    450 injectors : $71
    255 walbro fuel pump : $103
    14b turbo : $60
    dsm BOV and custom flange : $15
    3 auto meter gauges : $50
    P28 ECU : $60
    1g DSM Turbo mani 1 little heat crack:$25
    Total: $492

Stuff I need to buy

Stealthmode oil Line Kit $85
    Home made Boost controoler $10
    Intercooler piping kit $169
    home made catch can $10
    Basemap by Lee, and then tuning I've heard 60 to 100 who know All I know it's werth every penny

$866 total
    Well thats my soon to be setup
    Not a New Kid this is just a new account

I though that a dyno tuning session was more expensive than that.
    spin city

Comment

Dyno tuning is $60-100 per HOUR. Don't be surprised if it takes SEVERAL hours to perfect the maps. Like they say though, it's all in the tuning....and the cost will be worth it in the long run.

Comment

dyno tunning gets expensive

92ex coupe h22
        93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

sheyea it gets expensive, i would ask around to see if you know somebody who knows someone that does that, or you can do what I was gonna do and go with a bunch of people because they give you a better deal, but thats hard to setup.
          H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
          My Members Ride Check It Out

Comment

i payed $1150 to rent out da track for a day and fully tune my cb7
            but its all good cus i charged people i dont kno to cum in da track
            made all ma money bac
            tunning was about $165 an hour took me like 3.5 hours

Comment

Originally posted by stealthCB26
              i payed $1150 to rent out the track for a day and fully tune my cb7
              but its all good cus i charged people i dont kno how much to come in the track
              made all my money back
              tunning was about $165 an hour took me like 3.5 hours
              fixed, sorry i have OCD for grammar

My Members Ride Thread
              Originally posted by deevergote
              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Question why are you running a p28 ecu, you don't have vtec do you? Is it a f22a1 or b1 you should be having a chipped p06! Good luck on going turbo bro!
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
                  Question why are you running a p28 ecu, you don't have vtec do you? Is it a f22a1 or b1 you should be having a chipped p06! Good luck on going turbo bro!
                  i too was wondering this, if its a f22b1 i still think he should got with the p06
                  Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by ryzex
                    Alright Im boosting my accord its got stock f22 internals so wont be runing too much boost 14 max, So far I got intercooler,450 injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, 14b turbo, dsm BOV and custom flange, P28 ECU, 1g DSM Turbo mani 1 little heat crack, boost, water temp, oil presure, gauges. Stuff I need to order or make Stealthmode oil Line Kit, Home made Boost controoler, Intercooler piping kit, home made catch can, Basemap by Lee, and then tuning. Well thats pretty much my kit :

Stuff Bought so far

Intercooler : $108
                    450 injectors : $71
                    255 walbro fuel pump : $103
                    14b turbo : $60
                    dsm BOV and custom flange : $15
                    3 auto meter gauges : $50
                    P28 ECU : $60
                    1g DSM Turbo mani 1 little heat crack:$25
                    Total: $492

Stuff I need to buy

Stealthmode oil Line Kit $85
                    Home made Boost controoler $10
                    Intercooler piping kit $169
                    home made catch can $10
                    Basemap by Lee, and then tuning I've heard 60 to 100 who know All I know it's werth every penny

$866 total
                    Well thats my soon to be setup
                    Hm... I think you would want a wastegate and a downpipe. I wouldn't accept anything less then a Hondata but thats just me. An EGT gauge would be more useful then a water temp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
                      theres nothing wrong with running a vtec ecu with a non vtec engine. all you gota do is disable vtec on the program being used.

and as far as dyno tuning goes, it really shouldnt take over an hour.

you should have street tuned before you go to the dyno. Not only does it save time and money, but its a good learning experience. that way, you will know what the people at the dyno shop are doing and not just charging you out the ass.

even with only datalogging, your tune should be pretty good. the only major changes you should have to do on a dyno is timing, then adjust the afr afterwards, but that doesnt even take long either.

now, if you're trying to squeeze everything out of your setup, then it would take a bit more time since you would also do some cam tuning(if you have the gears) as well as ignition tuning.

and is this LEE from washington? pretty much one of the best fucking tuners ever? thats awesome if it is, he shouldnt take long tuning you.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i have a question with the turbo setup. Do you have to run a O2 sensor in the O2 housing when using the dsm parts. ie.dsm manifold, o2housing, turbo. If not, would you have to plug the hole? Also, where do you get a flange to make the downpipe to fit the dsm O2 housing. I was curious about doin this to my 91.

Comment

dont run the o2 sensor in the dsm mani...itll burn out the sensor. run it on the downpipe underneath the car. I just cut the dsm o2 sensor and left it in to plug the hole. Some muffler shops have premade flanges that may fit, otherwise make a flange yourself, not hard at all
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

ok, thx, what about water lines? I know the stock turbos T-25 and 14B are water cooled, so is there a place to tap for the sources?

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2nr
                              ok, thx, what about water lines? I know the stock turbos T-25 and 14B are water cooled, so is there a place to tap for the sources?
                              they already come with the coolant lines on them if you rought it off a dsm they are already screwed on there the mjetalic lines the other one is for the oil read it in the r33 turbo diy thread in the forced induction forum theres a sticky there

Comment

Working...
                              X