Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 compare to f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a1 compare to f22a6

i saw on some website for motor guide that the f22a1 produce 130-135hp stock... but an f22a6 produce 160hp stock. i wanna know what's the difference? i like the idea to swap a h22a engine in the car but. to have it done it need sooo much stuff to do like it says on this website. which will extend pass 2,000 dollars. and my f22a1 run just fine. so i wanna work with what i have. is it the intake manifold or what? i havent seen the picture of these two engine so i'm thinkin they are the same just have somethiing on the engine that's better.

cuz here's my plan. i wanna make this f22a1 run like a f22a6.. cuz it's f22a i'm assumin they both the same engine but different parts. so i can get that 160hp then put a turbo on it and a header and all the performance. so i'll be riding at least above 250hp if that's possible. any suggestion? besides h22a
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

first off, the a6 is rated at 140 HP. The best mod you can do is to make sure your car is nicely maintained and tuned up well before you start modding as to assure a good foundation. Search this site there is lots of info on here

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
      first off, the a6 is rated at 140 HP. The best mod you can do is to make sure your car is nicely maintained and tuned up well before you start modding as to assure a good foundation. Search this site there is lots of info on here
      X2

Originally posted by defjamon22z
      i saw on some website for motor guide that the f22a1 produce 130-135hp stock... but an f22a6 produce 160hp stock. i wanna know what's the difference? .

cuz here's my plan. i wanna make this f22a1 run like a f22a6.. cuz it's f22a i'm assumin they both the same engine but different parts.
      the f22a6 does NOT produce 160hp.. f22a6 gets 140hp. i think the 160hp you are talking about is the H23?. if you want to run your f22a1 like an f22a6 , you will need the f22a6 intake manifold or H23 intake manifold. well if u want instant HP in my opinion , i would go for the h22.. if i were you , save your money , take some time and you'll have your h22 ..

search around the website. there are alot of things you wanna know which are found here.
      Last edited by ExplodingCake; 09-07-2006, 09:38 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

The F22a6 has 140 hp, not 160 the H23 has 160 hp. The main diff between a1 and a6 is the intake manifold, and the exaust manifold and maby the muffler having the 2 outlets but i doubt it. You could pull off an h22 swap for like $1,000. You can get the H22a1 just the block and ECU, use the accord wireing harness and transmition. It's not that hard at all, it would be better to go with that, then to gain like 10 hp or 15.
        H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
        My Members Ride Check It Out

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
          X2

the f22a6 does NOT produce 160hp.. f22a6 gets 140hp. i think the 160hp you are talking about is the H23?. if you want to run your f22a1 like an f22a6 , you will need the f22a6 intake manifold or H23 intake manifold. well if u want instant HP in my opinion , i would go for the h22.. if i were you , save your money , take some time and you'll have your h22 ..

search around the website. there are alot of things you wanna know which are found here.
          Yeah, I gonna rebuild a spare head with a a6 cam, h23 intake manifold, p14 ecu and install it all with a 4-2-1 header.
          89 Acura Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Boost Toy)
          94 Honda Accord 2.2 EX (Daily For Now)
          04 Chevy Suburban 5.3 LT (Kiddie Haulin Pimpness)

Comment

It all depends what you want to do. I myself have the a1 125 hp I just lastnight installed the a6 intake manifold TB, pt6 ecu < no speed limiter. Made a big difference. To that you can add the h23 plenum and TB for even more of a kick. On top of that go to your local pull a parts and get a spare cam for 16 bucks and send it to deltacam for a regrind cost about 120 bucks and gives ya 15-30 hp maybe more depending on what cam you get. And then get a cheep ass exhaust system from e bay for less than 200 bucks for a full system. If you take your time and buy right not only do you save a lot of money but for less than $1000. and your free weekend time you can have a f22 to take out h22's. Just my 2 cents.. So far ive spend 150 on intake and ecu, 25 bucks for a4 header, 10 bucks for a filter (diy short ram intake) 16 for a extra cam going to delta 120 for the regrind. When im done with the cam i should be at about 150-160 hp if not a lil more. For just over $300 bucks. And very little down time.. Just a though. Not to mention you cant get a h23 in good shape for that money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos325
              Yeah, I gonna rebuild a spare head with a a6 cam, h23 intake manifold, p14 ecu and install it all with a 4-2-1 header.
              why would you use the p14 ecu? youre MUCH better getting a chipped p06 and then tuning it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Uh yeah p14 is for the h23 it would prolly make your car run like shit lol Now if you did a full head swap i can see using the p14.

Comment

well .. let me tell u the position i am in... i bought a raw as honda accord candy blue shaved the door handle and door bumper and license plate with a carbon fiber and intake with the strut bar and a header "black " i think from a prelude in the trunk havent been installed alarm and muffler all in great condition for 900. the only downfall is the transmission. he cracked it open from the bottom. i dunno how he told me the story but i didnt pay much attention. it's an automatic. i just bought it like 3 days ago and i'm doing mad research for what i wanna do. if i was rich i woulda bought a h22a but to spend over 2,000 just to get a engine in a accord 93??? i dunno.. maybe ya'll would but i'm feelin uncomforable spendin that much money for speed. if the price was a lil lower than yeah cuz i work 16 hours a day for 6 days a week. there's a shop that do payment. but understand. i wanna change it to stick shift and drive it already. to get a h22a gon take a while! but i read up sum1 mention bout putting the engine and use a f22a1 tranmission??? possible!?!
                  DEFJAM

Comment

You couldnt bother to even spell "Compared" in your thread topic? YOU ARE LAZY!!!!!

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

if it's possible not to WASTE buyin a stick shift transmission then i would buy the h22a. but if i get a transmission for the f22a so i can drive it asap for work and etc. then when i buy my h22a i gotta dump the engine and the tranny outta my car? i just BOUGHT that tranny. i rather use it. and if it's possible then HELL YEAH I"LL GET THE h22a ! 1,000? NO PROBLEM
                      DEFJAM

Comment

F and h transmissions are interchangeable.

Comment

its more like 1200. and putting an F tranny on a stock to mild h22 will pretty much cripple it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

... can ya'll make up ur mind!?.. okay.. sum1.. any1.. with brains about h22a and f22a1 im me on aim @ defjamon22z . i need some lesson to learn. and i need it fast. i seriously wanna know if f22a1 transmission stick shift capable for h22a without blowing up or damage and other stuff too. i'm located in miami. yeah MIAMI 8-)
                            DEFJAM

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                              ... can ya'll make up ur mind!?.. okay.. sum1.. any1.. with brains about h22a and f22a1 im me on aim @ defjamon22z .
                              calm da fak down!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                              X