Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

WHY?? Car has to be WARMED up so many times????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY?? Car has to be WARMED up so many times????

What up, it's still summer i say. N everytime i warm up my car. it takes bout like 5-6 minutes to go to 1 RPM, cuz when it starts it starts on 1.5 RPM then slowly goes down. Why everytime. I heard since lil that when its HOT (summer) u don't need to warm the car up that long. But i dont wanna just drive off, it my car is still at 1.5 Rpm.

P.s. if your car needs to be warmed up, n u constanly drive it before its even WARM. What could that do to my car?????/. THANKS
    91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
    BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

Ummmm i think even if its hot out it still will warm up...it does this to get the car to its optimal operating temp....it runs a lil high untill the internals are warmed up and the fluids...and as far as doing damage i dont think it would do anything because the car will be warmed up by you driving it....i never wait for it to completley warm up and my car runs fine.

Comment

you need to let your car warm up no matter how hot it is outside.

the internals of the engine are made up of different alloy's and metals that expand at different rates. it's best for the motor to warm up slowly ratter than quickly.

plus, when you first start the car, most of the oil is in the pan. it needs time to make its way through the engine before you start at driving RPM's.

also, the car idles high for more than one reason, the alternator is replacing the energy to the battery that it took to start the car. the high idle also brings the motor up to operating temp. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

oh ok, thanks.

Since i was Lil i always heard , when it's hot outside u dont need to warm up the car as much . But after all said. that's true . The fluids do need to get warmed up , n in their place.

Bout how much is an alternator installment
        91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
        BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

Comment

Originally posted by kingofny1997
          oh ok, thanks.

Since i was Lil i always heard , when it's hot outside u dont need to warm up the car as much . But after all said. that's true . The fluids do need to get warmed up , n in their place.

Bout how much is an alternator installment
          ALWAYS let the engine warm up. Just because its hot outside, doesnt mean that the engine is hot.

about the alternator, depends on where ya go. The alternator isnt that hard on our cars. but expect to spend an hours time for labor (from a shop) plus the price on the part. so expect $150-$175 (ball park pricing) [75 in labor, and balance on part]

Comment

Working...
          X