Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is a swap really that diffucult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, yea. selah, I hate selah. its a bunch of white, rich, stuck up people. but they do have some fine ass milfs there.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Engine swaps in cars, boats, airplanes... they are all relatively easy... if you can READ DIRECTIONS. You do enough maintenance on any vehicle and you'll end up being able to do it without the manual, but it ALWAYS helps to have that sucker right there just in case, even for the vets.

IMHO you should always have on hand:
      --Maintenance Manual!!!
      --sandwich baggies and zip-ties/wire ties (for covering places that you dont want particulates in.[to be known as FOD {Foreign Object Debris} from here on)
      --Saran-Wrap: For bigger areas of FOD protection
      --Chalk: For marking belts, hoses, etc
      --Duct tape and 1ea of black and red sharpie: Labeling hoses, valves, yadda yadda
      --Extra quarts of cruddy wal mart oil: (might as well flush areas if you arent going to clean on the bench)
      --A couple of bricks: Regular household bricks. Never know when you need a chock, or something that needs to be laid down but wont reach the floor...aka Brake caliper
      --Beer: Self explanatory
      --A breaker bar: There is at least one point in any type of big maintenance situation you will wish you had one of these.

Just a few things I leave around the work area just to make my life easier.

Comment

I thought FOD was Foreign Object Damage, thats what they told me in my aviation class atleast.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ok i have read the swap section and it is too long. what do i need as far as the engin tranny ecu stuff like that i want everything before i start as the car im doing this to is my daily driver. thanks for all the input also Jeff. P.s i have all the tools and a full shop to my acess
          i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            I thought FOD was Foreign Object Damage, thats what they told me in my aviation class atleast.
            It has two meanings =) Debris when it enterd the engine, Damage when it exits lol.

Define:Bird; Semisolid Foreign Object Debris.

F-15 mechanic joke. Yah I know, I suck.

But of course, I learned all that in the military, none of it applies in the real world rofl. Nice to see another with aviation knowledge.

Think I could swap my F22a4 with a JFS unit? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              or a tree and pullies with rope, is all you really need.
              Haha thats some Wile E. Coyote shiet right there man! Haha never would've thought of that! however make sure the tree has a good backbone...don't want the tree to snap and the engine to fall on the ground.

I remember me and a couple of friends tied a rope on a tree that swings over the creek.... and umm my heavy set friend kinda didn't make it That was funny as hell since he came out all muddy and mossy we called him swamp thing. We rode home on our bikes and he trailed water the whole way home.Aww the good o' days
              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Put an F-16 jet engine on the back with the swap, lol or put the 2 A-10's engines on the side and suck up kids that always go after the balls in the street right your car, CVVVVVVVVROOOOOM SUCK lol
                H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
                My Members Ride Check It Out

Comment

Working...
                X