Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car shaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shaking

Alright, I need your help guys cause I'm really confused
    when I put the shifter on D or R the car is shaking
    but shaking with the D is powerful than R ....the engine jump to front then come back to it's place but strong shake , you feel that the car is going to jump for a while and then stop
    one mechanic told me it's the transmission and the other told me it's the mounts but the other said it's just some adjustments cause the motor speed is high but I see the rpm below 1 , 7.5 or 8
    another one told me it's pressure valve in the transmission need to be replaced and no need to remove the transmission from the car to replace it ....
    now I'm confused , I don't know which one I can believe

i'm going to have to say that is your motor mounts, mainly the rear motor mount, but take a look at all of them to see if they are cracked
    Members Ride

Comment

I was going to do this in the beginning but these Mechanic made me confused about it and i don't want to pay for nothing
      thanks for reply

Comment

yep, motor mounts it is

Comment

check the front and rear mount the front one gets worn a lot i just replaced mine casue it was very jerking going into D and shaked also but now it doesnt shake and the shifting between gears is sooo much better our jerky trannys when shifting while we are driving is do to the mounts replace the front one u can get good ones on ebay i got mine 3 months ago and it drives sooo much better also

(\__/)
          (O.o )
          (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

DING DING DING! and da motor mounts r the winners!! lol (i'd definitely say motor mounts, mine sort of does the same thing) Good luck

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

time for some aftermarket motor mounts
              1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

I'll change the mounts and I'll be back to tell you what happens
                thanks for you help guys , I really like this forum

Comment

Def. get back to us on this because my car is doing the same thing

Comment

Careful going with super stiff motor mounts, my buddies b18 crx shakes like mad after he put the "hasport?" mounts in

Comment

I agree I just found my front mount completly worn out today and ordered one off ebay. Local store wanted $80.00 and none in stock or warehouse anywhere. I paid 39.00 including free shipping from ebay.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Originally posted by rlyons
                        I agree I just found my front mount completly worn out today and ordered one off ebay. Local store wanted $80.00 and none in stock or warehouse anywhere. I paid 39.00 including free shipping from ebay.
                        holy crap that's why my car gives me whiplash when i shift ahah. ebay motor mounts?

anyone know WHY my car rolls foward in reverse for 2 seconds than decides to reverse?

i

Comment

can anyone suggest a company that does tefflon mounts?

skiddish about buying these off ebay from the same group that sells the electric turbo

chris<pixelmonkey>
                          there were blanks in that gun!

Comment

Originally posted by pixelmonkey
                            can anyone suggest a company that does tefflon mounts?

skiddish about buying these off ebay from the same group that sells the electric turbo

chris<pixelmonkey>
                            lol, good eye..

Comment

What about the ghetto street hack for race mounts...you know filling them with that 3m windows weld stuff??? Anyone try this?
                              89 Acura Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Boost Toy)
                              94 Honda Accord 2.2 EX (Daily For Now)
                              04 Chevy Suburban 5.3 LT (Kiddie Haulin Pimpness)

Comment

Working...
                              X