Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was gonna buy dc headers but i'v been looking into it nad i'v decided to buy megan racing headers. i hear thre better. but exhaust is the only thing megan has that really works well. if anyones got megan headers let me know on how they are i'd love to know.
    thanks Yall.
    95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
    93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
    fghgfhf

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW
      Heres an Idea. Take off your manifold all together. It's going to be loud as hell. Sure it can "scare" people on the sides of the streets but it's not helping your car. Some times the best in preformance is the quietist things. ECU tuning for example. Maybe it's just me but I've never heard my ECU give me an extra 10 hp. Or an anti sway bar. Those dont make any noise, yet they make decent changes to the way the car drives.

Ok, enough bull Sh#*. Honestly. If you want preformance then get "the best." They dont get that name for nothing. If people recommend them as the best then take their word on it and dont worry about how it sounds.
      if your above statement about the best performance=quietest is a joke then lol. if not then ever wonder why nascars/f1 cars/and all those high performance race vehicles are loud?

i recommend ebay coilovers are the best for suspension drop. jk. the best is very subjective... some say mugen are the best but there are other products there that are cheaper and outperform them. i have a few companies in mind that has a name in the tuner world that isn't exactly the best. one of them got their name being cheap and affordable, ever heard of rota? if your going by someone's opinion and they're not very knowledgeable with cars then....good luck. its always a he said she said part a is better then part b because of the name. do some research, read up on some dyno sheets and get the answer that way.

Comment

Yea, when I had my F22a6 I had DC sports then I took them off because they were my friends and I bought the ones off ebay and I didnt notice shit really, there maby a 1-3 diference in power, but you usualy notice when your car is going slower, its harder to tell sometimes if its goin a lil bit faster. But they make a good bang for your buck, if you wanna save money then get the ebay ones, the only problem with those is where the 4-2-1 conects in the engine bay, they give you a shitty gasket so it leaks, and 4 cyl dont sound to good with an exaust leak, you gotta get the honda dougnuts and those are a bitch to line up without the fittings for it.
        H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
        My Members Ride Check It Out

Comment

thank you. that's why i went with an ebay exhaust. im not gona pay 100 more for only 1-2 hp, at least not on exhaust.

and yes, the gaskets like to burn up on those. mine blew out after about 2 months. my car sounds like shit now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

It's "header" not with an S. you don't have two.

Comment

I do, i have 4 actually. but not on my car, lol. just all around my house

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                if your above statement about the best performance=quietest is a joke then lol. if not then ever wonder why nascars/f1 cars/and all those high performance race vehicles are loud?
                Thats a completely different ball game. And how many of those are streetable.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i can cut off the exhast from downpipe back on my 87 mazda b2200 and itll be louder than my cb7 with full aftermakrtet exhaust on it..which makes it faster??

loudness=nothing to do with performance, but i see the point you tried to get across

idk

and another thing

most sleepers are quiet, to add to thier stealthiness, and thats where the major fooling comes into play when people think that if a car isnt loud, it isnt ANYTHING

well, that was my two cents...

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

DC headers are better in terms of build quality. Most of the cheaper headers are copies of that design (I didn't know that DC owned Pacesetter, if that's true, they're most certainly using the same bends as well). The cheaper headers have lesser quality metals, and often welds that aren't quite as good.

DC is pretty much the affordable street standard for our cars. They're respectable, they look nice, and they offer a decent performance gain. They also last very long, unlike many of the cheaper ones, which crack.

There aren't many high quality headers made for the F22. The H22 has MANY options that give well over 15whp when the engine is tuned properly (SMSP, Hytech, Mugen... supposedly Vibrant, though they have a poor reputation).

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Thats a completely different ball game. And how many of those are streetable.
                      none, you correct in stating that those are not street legal

ferrari/lambo/mclaren/aston martin/maserati vs civic/corolla/7 series/s class etc we agree those are street legal?

my response was to this statement

Some times the best in preformance is the quietist things. ECU tuning for example. Maybe it's just me but I've never heard my ECU give me an extra 10 hp.
                      besides an "ecu tuning" what else can be a stealthy performance (engine wise since that is what we're talking about right now)? and the extra hp is from the tuning done from the other mods working together (ie intake, header, exhaust etc etc)

it doesn't matter the mods done but a 200whp civic will sound louder then a 100whp civic...i dunno where this is leading

Comment

who cares what engine performance sounds like. why has this conversation carried on this long? this has nothing to do with the question asked. it was mentioned, yes, but is not the topic of this thread.

Comment

what about thos cheap no name brand headers on ebay?
                          I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                            none, you correct in stating that those are not street legal

ferrari/lambo/mclaren/aston martin/maserati vs civic/corolla/7 series/s class etc we agree those are street legal?
                            Thats still a different ball game. Cant compare a supercar vs a civic and luxury cars. Thats like comparing a dude with a machine gun and another with a stick whos gonna win. Supercars are built to perform as for a civic was built for gas mileage and bimmers and stuff built for lux with some performance built into it. I kinda see what your trying to prove but thats not really a good comparison. As for the ECU thing MRX was able to extract 3-4hp with a chipped p06 if I remember or something close to that and that was without I/H/E on a stock motor.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I know this is like 2 months old, but where I you get a kamikaze header?? Anyone got a link or something?? I'm lookin for 4-1 header that is best from like 3500rpm to redline. Im goin to be using a delta 272 so i think thats best i dunno. If not I wanna try it anyway. Anyone got ideas of where I can find a header like that??

Edit: nvm found the site for the kamikaze header, i was spelling it worng like "kamakaze" i knew it didnt look right. But any other header out there for our cars??
                              Last edited by Accordballz; 09-30-2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X