Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Missing piece of the puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing piece of the puzzle

For about the last for months my gas mileage has been crap 24 to 25 it was 30 to 31 with half highway half city and some occasional spirtied driving still had power good tune up always maintain oil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc etc. For a while I thought the coil was taking a dump tested it and it was fine about a month and a half ago I did the h series upper plenium swap had stronger power to redline but same gas milage now here comes the missing piece of the puzzle. Ive always had a little oil in the spark plug tubes and always figured it was the upper valve cover gasket as usual but then got to thinking about the lower tube seals so this weekend decided to replace them went to honda and and picked up the four lower tube seals and a new cam seal figured since I was going to be in there should probably go ahead and change that to. They were SHOT hard as a rock one was even stuck to the head fixed it all and replaced the cam seal good thing I bought it to mine was trash. Then got to thinking every time I would change my plugs all of the oil that would be setting in the spark plug tube would fall in the clyinder I would usualy run a rug down there to clean it up but I was only getting what was left so oil in cylinder new spark plug in fire it up and bam oil burns to new spark plug instantly craping it out this time I sprayed carb cleaner down there twice to clean it up put every thing back together and wow so much more power I loved the intake swap before now I cant live without it. Also before around 200 miles Id be at half a tank im at 170 and havent droped below 1/4 of a tank good deal swap them tube seals. Im sorry this was so long I just had so much I wanted to share If you havent replaced them and yoiu have oil in the tube I would say do youll be happy you did I hope this helps those people who are getting bad gas mileage. THANKS

Ever since gas prices have been going up, i've been looking for more ways to improve gas mileage. Thanks for the tip, i'll look into it.

Comment

It was something that was bringing me down foe a while Im just glad I found the problem

Comment

Working...
      X