Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Timing belt replacement questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing belt replacement questions

This next weekend a friend will give me some shop time for my b-day. I have a number of questions regarding this project so that I can make sure I can make full use of my shop time.

1) Does anyone know the size of the nut on the crankshaft? I had a socket for my Acura's crankshaft, but can't find it and don't remember what size it is.

2) Is this a good time to adjust my valves? Is there a place that has a walk through on adjustment of the valves?

3) I read above that it was also a good time to put the lightened cam gear as well as the underdrive pulley. Does this make a significant difference? Is anyone aware of any possible longevity issues with these aftermarket parts?

Any tips that anyone has on the procurement of the parts would be greatly appreciated. I finally have the time and the money to be able to do some work on my car and I would really like to do it properly. It wasn't difficult to replace my Integra's timing belt as much as it was very tedious. I want to make the process as quick as possible and ensure that I have everything necessary before I begin.

Thanks again!
    -c

buy you a chiltons or helm manual.... it will help you alot
    and the bolt for your crankshaft pulley, go out to your car and check it. (19MM) haha
    and yea SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH or you will get flammed

Comment

1. You talkin the bolt? SHould be 19mm
      2. Yea you can if you want. I think there is a writeup somewhere here or there are a couple on honda-tech.
      3. Might as well put that in but doesnt make much of a difference.

Just make sure everything is aligned first before strapping everything back together and thats bout it lol.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Holy fucking crap. It's a cb7tuner noob that's not a complete blithering idiot.

Congratulations sir, you are one in about 60 trillion.

1. x2, 19mm.

2. Sure, why not. You could do it while the belt's off if you want, just so long as you don't forget what you were doing before.

3. Just stick with the stock cam gear. There is no point to replacing it unless you want to change cam timing away from stock.

Comment

Working...
        X