Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Silencer Alarm (killing my Battery)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silencer Alarm (killing my Battery)

What up, i got this silencer alarm w/ remote start on my car. But i think that since it's a cheap alarm (silencer alarm USELESS). it's killing my battery, cause i notice when i don't start the car for 2-3 days , car almost doesn't wanna start. But when i turn car on everyday, or use it alot. car turn on fine. Chhhk Voom. Right away.

Only thing i like is it has remote start. I got 5-spd car, but my joint is remote start. just gotta be careful when turning it on. especially when on hill, and when left in gear
    91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
    BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

u probably got one of them cheap alarm that drains lots of battery power!

Comment

Does remote start works with manual transmission car? I though they will not work with M/T cars.

Comment

nah the remote startwill work on a MANUAL.Just that most places that install your alarm system, will really not wanna do it.Because if you turn on your car with the remote. Your car can just leave on its own.

P.s. i wanna take the alarm off. cause it really is BAD. How can i take it off myself
        91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
        BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

Comment

Go under the dash and u should see all the wires that go to the brain of the alarm, but u might have a diificult time finding it, it just depends on the installer who put it in, he might of gone all out and hide it real well or maybe he just threw it up there were u can see it, the easiest way is to trace the LED wire from the dash or the valet switch wire, and just unplug it the main power from it, but be carefull cause im not sure if those alarms have the ignition kill built in, if it does your gonna have to put the starter wire back together, the color of the wire is black/yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofny1997
            nah the remote startwill work on a MANUAL.Just that most places that install your alarm system, will really not wanna do it.Because if you turn on your car with the remote. Your car can just leave on its own.

P.s. i wanna take the alarm off. cause it really is BAD. How can i take it off myself

Too elaborate, you can have remote start on a manual car BUT you have to have sure not to leave it in first gear.

Comment

Working...
            X