Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question about cutting springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about cutting springs

got a extra set of lowering springs..but i wanna slam my car. i wanna know if cutting the springs would be a bad thing to do and if it would affect the comfort of the ride

yea dont do it, it will ride like crap, blow ur shocks, and not handle any better

Comment

please dont do it...k thanks
      Members Ride

Comment

yea dode. dont do it. trust me, i know from expirience
        old accord
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2261780

Comment

As everyone said dont do it. You will feel every bump on the road...you mess up the spring rates...and you risk raping up all your suspension components other than your shocks if its improperly lowered plus its a hazard.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

oh damn..fuk that idea, i'll just go with the sprint extreme springs than

Comment

sell the extras and put it towards new ones
              -:¦:-
              Originally posted by wed3k
              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

dont do it muthafuckuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Nah seriously dont do it mang youll only be hurting yourself and that precious cb youll be sending to your grave

Comment

Thank you for saving another cb7 life! Cutting springs + CB7 = R.I.P!
                  99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
                    Thank you for saving another cb7 life! Cutting springs + CB7 = R.I.P!
                    lol

Comment

like they said. cutting the springs would be a BAD IDEA. i'd rather run on cheapo eBay psudo coil-over POS rather then cutting the springs...
                      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

cutting springs is the worst idea unless you are super super conservative with your money. just save up and get some real nice coilovers just make sure you do some thread searching to find out all about the best suspension set ups. later

Comment

okae....i seem to notice everybody don't like cut springs huh?well if u cut 4 or more then it'll be bouncy....this goes onto the stock front springs...i cut 3 coils of my spring with a brand new OEM struts that cam with the car when i bought it and 6 in the rear(it takes 2 coil on the rear to even it out with the front)i drove with that suspention setup for about 3 yrs now and still have no problem with it....no blown suspention...and nothing damage in my suspention system....no blown bushing or what not...then i bought a skunk2 sleeve...and the ride was a bit bouncy and harsh...then i bought a KYB adjustable suspention...still the same didn't make that much diff....then i bought sprint extreme lowering springs...still didn't like it....my stock cut springs feels alot better....rides way better than stock hieght...way better i mean u can really feel the diffrence from stock springs to sleeve overs to lowering springs...and im my opinon my stock cut springs feels way better very comfortable...handeling is good....remeber i've had this cut springs for 3 yrs including sleeve overs to lowering springs...and still no problem...just saving the kyb until my oem sturts blows on me....just speaking from experince!
                          Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

Originally posted by dsyple
                            okae....i seem to notice everybody don't like cut springs huh?well if u cut 4 or more then it'll be bouncy....this goes onto the stock front springs...i cut 3 coils of my spring with a brand new OEM struts that cam with the car when i bought it and 6 in the rear(it takes 2 coil on the rear to even it out with the front)i drove with that suspention setup for about 3 yrs now and still have no problem with it....no blown suspention...and nothing damage in my suspention system....no blown bushing or what not...then i bought a skunk2 sleeve...and the ride was a bit bouncy and harsh...then i bought a KYB adjustable suspention...still the same didn't make that much diff....then i bought sprint extreme lowering springs...still didn't like it....my stock cut springs feels alot better....rides way better than stock hieght...way better i mean u can really feel the diffrence from stock springs to sleeve overs to lowering springs...and im my opinon my stock cut springs feels way better very comfortable...handeling is good....remeber i've had this cut springs for 3 yrs including sleeve overs to lowering springs...and still no problem...just saving the kyb until my oem sturts blows on me....just speaking from experince!
                            :smack:

DEFEND YO BASE MOTHA FUCKAHH!!!!

PS. you're lucky then

Comment

Cutting springs isn't that bad when you know what you're doing. I cut 1.5 dead coils off the back of my Tanabe DF210s and my car rode exactly the same as it did before.

As far as stock springs, you can cut about 1.5-2 coils off the front and 2-2.5 DEAD coils off the back...but the front will be pretty stiff. For all that work though I'd rather just buy some Neuspeed Sports.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X