Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radiator fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fan?

How much could I expect to pay for a radiator fan? My bearings are going out, and I need a new one. Would it be worth it just to go to a junkyard and get one? Or just buy a new OEM one? I can get it for cost + shipping from my Cousin in AZ.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

I'd say drive your car off a cliff FTW.
    jk man get the parts and I'll help you fix it.
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

That would make some purty fireworks! I'll pick up a fan I guess when we go on our junkyard run, eh?
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

sure I guess, but first let's make some ONION RINGS!
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

I made like 15-20 of them tonight, and I was still hungry. I do have 3/4 of the onion left though (it's huge!). Anyways...we're a little off topic? Anyone know if onion juice will help my bearings? j/k :P

Comment

I've tried it. Don't recommend it though. :
            (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

Your bearing is going out??? Is your fan working properly? If it is dont mess with it.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The fan still spins fine, but it makes the worlds WORST grinding sound. Kind of has me worried, especially the other day when I had to make a 240 mile trip...it would grind, then stop grinding, then grind, etc. I'd really rather replace it just for the peace of mind.

Comment

You sure its not hitting around the shroud...

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yessir. It's difficult to spin, but it's definitely not hitting the shroud.

Comment

Yeah, replace it before it lets loose and goes whipping into your radiator fins. And that fan is hella pricey even at cost from Honda.

A Seimans from AutoZone for example will have a lifetime warr. and be about $50. But then again I've seen whole fan kits (motor/fan/shroud) on eBay for like $40 ...
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Think I'd be safe pulling one from a junkyard for a few bucks? Or just spend what I need for a brand spankin new one?

Comment

Go ahead and try a junkyard. Although this is a common part to go bad it'll be cheap there and guaranteed to fit.

Bring a set of wires and a 12v battery of some kind or ask to borrow one there --- you want to unplug the fan's harness and connect it to the battery while it's still in the car to see/hear how it runs.

And do yourself a favor and get the whole piece including fan and shroud; don't actually disassemble it to get at the motor.

If you're not pulling it yourself make sure you specify which fan.

Radiator fan aka "main fan" --- passenger side.
                          A/C fan aka "pancake fan" --- driver's side.
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

I would go ahead and replace it with a new one just so you know that you wont have to mess with it again.
                            90 lx coupe
                            02 ex coupe-R.I.P. 4/07/07
                            92 ex coupe
                            2009 chevy crew cab

Comment

hey, the junkyard oem fans are really expensive like $30+, i recommend you ditch the oem fans and get yourself a nice slim more air flow fan from like kragen, auto store, or ebay...they range from like $30-$100 depends on the size you get.....but that, they really easy to install...sounds a lot nicer...and pulls or pushes a lottt more air!
                              they look somthing like that....and aren't any thicker than your oem....maybe even slimer....

Comment

Working...
                              X