Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

adjustable cam gear question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adjustable cam gear question?

First off I know how to degree a cam properly, my only real question though is I was wondering how much of a gain it actually made on a stock or lightly moded cb? The civic engines I've degreed on hav all been out of the car so I never got to experience the actual difference on the road. thnx 4 the help
    Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
    "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
    93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
    02 Avalanche

i beleive the engines run better with a nicely tuned adjustable cam gear. HP wise? I'm not sure to be honest.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

butt dyno say 4-6 hp. Goes better with extensive mods.

Comment

tuning and properly using the gears on a dyno will net you about a 5hp or so gain. Some people have seen more but yea.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

awesum thanx!! I'm thinking bout retarding mine for more low end for now then. thanks again
          Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
          "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
          93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
          02 Avalanche

Comment

On my red Accord project (click signature link for details), the best setting for the Delta 272 cam regrind I have with other mods was 0 degrees. I dyno'd advancing and retarding this cam by 2 degrees in both directions and the best was at 0 degrees. Retarding really killed it and advancing did not improve it, but did not drastically hurt it either. According to the tuner, he said on nonVTEC SOHC Hondas that typically 0 degrees is the best setting if you have not changed the cylinder head height/configuration.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Ive got a Skunk2 adj cam I advanced it to get lower end horsepower for moutain roads around my house and I can really feel the power but I can also see the power lost at high speed and high RPMs

Comment

Working...
              X