Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b jdm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b jdm

hello evryone, i am a new member and i got a question and i hope you could help me. for some time i was thinking (or hoping) on doing the h22 swap to my accord untill i herd about the jdm f22b. it is more affordable and it has a decent hp. is it a good idea? how dificult is the instalation?
    "YO NO QUIERO SU PINCHE CHULETA, QUIERO SU PINCHE VIDA!!"

well the f22b has about 160hp and the h22 has about 190hp(im not that shure about the h22) but since i have an f22b i can vouge for it... and the swap is easy for the f22b its just a streight drop in... wire harness is the same and everything bolts right on nicely...
    Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
      well the f22b has about 160hp and the h22 has about 190hp(im not that shure about the h22) but since i have an f22b i can vouge for it... and the swap is easy for the f22b its just a streight drop in... wire harness is the same and everything bolts right on nicely...

were can i find a place that sells the f22b and how much can i espect to pay for it with the tranny?

Comment

i havent found any places that sell them with the trannies. but search around this site and the internet for places to buy them.

i bought mine from makoto on ebay for 730 shipped. i did the swap in about 8 hours.

i can hang with h22's, no prob.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i wouldnt know where to get it in texas bro... i got mine right here local so i only paid 450 for it without the tranny since i used the stock f22a tranny...
          Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

welll ur talking about the f22b non vtec 92-96 jdm prelude si motor.
            and its rated at 160 hp at 6000rpm and 148 lbs of torque at 5000rpm.

so it only about 30 hp more than stock and 40 hp lower than the h22.

i've got the honda tunning may 2005 where they do the swap and show
            you how.
            and they also turbo'ed it. from a cb7 with a f22a4 to f22b jdm turbo

all took 8hrs
            FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
            My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

hmm..klinda off topic, but can you swap the f22b head, and use a 260 or 272 delta camshafT??? I think that would work well with this swap am I correct?
              Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
              Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

i've been looking on the internet but like you say they only sell the engine. i think i can use the same tranny as the f22a1 but i think i need a new one anyways cuz i have problems when i want to shift to 3rd and 5th.

Comment

All F and H series transmissions are interchangeable. I would also suggest you upgrade to an Exedy stage 1 clutch while it's all out, so you have a stiffer tranny. I've looked at the F22B DOHC a couple times now, and it's basically and H23 with a bit less HP and Torque. someone correct me if I'm wrong. If your going turbo, then this is your engine. It holds the pressure better. Good Luck with your swap.
                  (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                  Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                  My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
                    hmm..klinda off topic, but can you swap the f22b head, and use a 260 or 272 delta camshafT??? I think that would work well with this swap am I correct?

You could have Delta make custom regrinds for you, but you can't use the cam from an F22A because they are SOHC and the F22B is DOHC.

The head is pretty much identical to the H23 head, so you can probably use some of the aftermarket cams from companies like Crane.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

What is the redline on the f22b (jdm prelude). Also, anyone know if they are same valves as JDM (or any) f22a. I got a free one with a bent valve and i am beggining to see a new project in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                        All F and H series transmissions are interchangeable. I would also suggest you upgrade to an Exedy stage 1 clutch while it's all out, so you have a stiffer tranny. I've looked at the F22B DOHC a couple times now, and it's basically and H23 with a bit less HP and Torque. someone correct me if I'm wrong. If your going turbo, then this is your engine. It holds the pressure better. Good Luck with your swap.
                        The H23 is rated at 160 and I would think it has more torque since it has a bigger displacement.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

once and for all, the h23 is 160hp and 156tq. f22b is 160hp 148tq. f22b has 9.2: compression. the h23 has 9.8:1 and it has .1 more liters, that where it gets its torque from. the jdm f22b head is the same as the h23, BASICALLY. you can use delta h23 regrinds in the f22b head, h23 valves and such
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

word.

redline? who cares, lol. redline is where you feel it stop pulling. for me its 7000, but I hardly take it up there. 6800 at the most, even when at the track.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Redline is when your tach is pegged to the end. Those red marks on the tachometer mean nothing. I take my h22a up to 10k daily lol.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X