Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seafoam is it leathal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam is it leathal???

yesterday i seafoamed my car changed themostat upper rad hose and etc..... but look here. I drained out the oil and everything. Then i put the seafoam in (yeah i was drinking) then i added the new oil to it. ran the car at idle for half hour or so and drove around the block. morning came i drove the car to work about 7 miles and i realized that my engine temp was still @ off position then started moving a little up and down. got to work read about seafoam and then i was LIKE OHH SHIT.. then went back home driving the car with seafoam in it for about 15 miles now road bike to walmart to get oil and filter and replaced it. engine temp working now but still engine temp is still kinda set to off position???? is this a bad thing i did to my car. Or can i say that I did it to clean my engine of all the gunk lol
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

hmm are you sure you reinstalled the radiator hose and thermostat correctly? for all we know you probably forgot to reconnect a wire somewhere i mean you did say you were drinking at the time. also did you top off the coolant?

as for seafoam, i've never used the product before so i have no comment on that.

Comment

Yes, you left the Seafoam in a little long. No, it won't kill your car. You may want to keep a close eye on your oil usage, as leaving it in there to long can eat seals.

I'm guessing the temp gauge has nothing to do with the Seafoam.
      -Jay

Comment

yah topped it off and i bled it through where the themostat is housed on the f22. well i used honda type 2 engine coolant?? would that make a difference since its a honda coolant and its blue instead of green blue (better cooling) green (alright cooling) lol

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

If you use seafoam, I personally would use it on the old oil in the motor and intake manifold, follow directions, etc. I use the brake booster line if I use this stuff. Anyhow, after using it I would change the oil and filter and install new spark plugs.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i will change the plugs tonight with the rotor i got from honda. and rebleed the coolant. i was driving home and it was just jumping from off to normal if thats normal . but in all ima drive it till it dies on me then f22b with 10psi and stock internals if possible LOL

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

small tip: don't work on your car while you drink. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Hey trah keep up posted on this, Ive been wanting to run some thru the crank case to get everything nice and clean. But im worried about my seals and crap. Ive only got 130k miles right now and i dont wanna mess it up at this point. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  If you use seafoam, I personally would use it on the old oil in the motor and intake manifold, follow directions, etc. I use the brake booster line if I use this stuff. Anyhow, after using it I would change the oil and filter and install new spark plugs.

Why replace the plugs? Curious since I'm planning on using sea foam..

Comment

when i used seafoam i used it for about 15 miles on the highway and at 80mph about 3rpms and texas weather 8:30am - 9:45 still 1039282109381 degees outside . and it was running better i would say picked up more and response was alot better. then after the whole fiasco i put regular 10w30 pennsoil. then it ran shitty. like no more engine response on the fly and etc... it was proably like using 0w0 LOL but my car is running fine right now but my temp guage is all wack. going from off to normal and etc kinda scaring me that it will break down. i will take pics of everything i do now so i can add you in of what i do and all.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I think I put about 5000 miles on half a bottle of seafoam. I don't think you have to worry!

Comment

seafoam works like peanut butter on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

where u at in dallas man? im in arlington

Comment

Check your thermostat. May be the wrong one or not opening correctly.
                          run you car for 10min and see if the top radiator hose is hot.

Comment

Seafoam is pretty much the devil, lol. Seriously, the morning after I threw that piston rod, I went and did a seafoam the right way, cause I thought it might help it or something. It didn't, and when my head was off, nothing was clean, and there was a ton of carbon on top of my pistons. I don't believe in additives anymore. Personally, I won't ever run any kind of treatment like that ever again.

Comment

im in fort worth. Keller Area. i got my turbo the manifold has a hairline crack all the way around and dang. i added more coolant to my accord and what do you know i did bleed it right. but there i saw coolant leaking out i said hmmmm themostat is right since i got it from honda off of 20. checked it all again and its fine burnt my hands AHHHH. Anyone selling a f22b dohc non vtec hehehe

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Working...
                              X