Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Noob Question- Timing light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob Question- Timing light

Ok I bought a knob-advance timing light. I'm wondering since timing has to be at 15 degrees from TDC or what not... Do i set my timing knob to 0 degrees, or 15 degrees on the knob? Its set to 0 right now but its not picking up from a dead stop like it should.

set it to 15 degrees on the gun and dont forget to jump the blue connector, which can be found right under ur glovebox.

Comment

It needs to be set 15 degrees btdc, So set initial timing of the motor at 0 degrees and back it off to 15 degrees. Or you can set it to 15 degrees btdc advance it 15 then back to see if its on point. Never really used a timing light on the f22a I just set it so thats prob how I would probably do it. But normally if you shoot it after setting timing and its on point dont fuck with it if its off a lil you can use the gun to adjust it.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok....u got the eletrical timing which is involved with the dizzy and u got the mechanical timing, with is the timing needs to be correct on the head and block , the whole timing belt stuff....if your mechanical timing is off, it might make ur electrical timing off too, just depends on how much u are off on the mechanical side.... ok, to set the timing.... this applies to most hondas and acura.... assuming that the mechanical timing is perfect....set the degree on the gun to 0.... u should be able to see the timing pointer lining up with the white mark on fly or pulley....now crank it to what ever ur timing suppose to be, 15, 16 degree or whatever....now it should line up with the red mark. thats only if everything is perfectly time..... At 0 degree it should always be on the white markkkkkk.....now if its not, u can advance or retard the distributor to make it line up with the white mark....if u cant make it line up at 0 degree....fix your timing on the mechanical side....once it is line up to the white mark on 0 degree, just tune it your degree spec and it should line up with the red mark, got it....well, just post of pm me if u dont!

Comment

Working...
        X